Notices

Aberdeen, MD

Old 11-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,189 Likes on 515 Posts
Default Re: Aberdeen, MD

I've spent a lot of time at Ft. Monmouth (CECOM) and at Aberdeen Proving Grounds a bit too.

Aberdeen is a bit out in the sticks, and it is a bit "hicky." Water is everywhere, and it should be a fun place to boat, with easy access to the entire Chesapeake Bay.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I've spent a lot of time at Ft. Monmouth (CECOM) and at Aberdeen Proving Grounds a bit too.

Aberdeen is a bit out in the sticks, and it is a bit "hicky." Water is everywhere, and it should be a fun place to boat, with easy access to the entire Chesapeake Bay.
You should see the plans they have on the drawing board for the Fort.... it's pretty crazy! There are approx. 10,000 Civilians and Gov't employees on the Fort. The gov't employees will need to relocate but the civilians will have to decide if they relo or find a new job.... Now with Rumsfeld resigning some gov't folks are a wee bit pissed cause he was the biggest supporter of the BRAC.

Fortunately for us it doesn't really matter as much but the extra income always helps!

Last edited by Panther; 11-27-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife is originally from Havre de Grace and her Grandfather was actually in charge at Aberdeen PG for many years. You'll probably find that there are some nicer areas just outside of Aberdeen instead of within it. Havre de Grace is a nice small town and there is also Perryville & Northeast which are less than a 30 minute drive to Abd. I'm originally from DE but grew up boating on the North end of the Chesapeake. There are lots of great places to go, and Kent Narrows (Red-Eyes) is one of many. Right outside of ABD and Havre de Grace are the Susquehanna River flats which is a big hangout.

Definitely worth a drive down on a weekend to explore the area. Good luck.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I can show you some places in Balt.
Frank, bring alot of dollar bills
Old 11-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Anyone know anything about the Aberdeen, MD area? Is it good for boating? Nice place to live or crappy??
Could be as good as York,PA
Old 11-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Could be as good as York,PA
Originally Posted by devastation

You are the retard that suggested that someone relocate to york PA.I am almost 40,been around,lots of travel,went there for a new harley,and have never been to a more depressing,old run down sh1t hole of a town.you have got to be kidding.There is no good side of town the whole place sucks just like you.what could the median income be of that town?to suggest to someone even to visit,you deserve to have your three remaining teeth knocked in.jesus christ you are messed up

Old 11-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panther
Anyone know anything about the Aberdeen, MD area? Is it good for boating? Nice place to live or crappy??

We own a water front home in North East Md and live a few miles out side of York PA.
As we here the bombs going off at Aberdeen every weekend in the summer from our NE MD Bay house approx 20 miles north of Aberdeen,you may want to look further north or south depending on what you are looking for,water front , I would defiantly go north.
The Chesapeake bay is huge and depending on your rig and what you like to do, cruising on our Cat from North East MD we are at Baltimore Inner Harbor know wake zone in 20 minutes and in our Top Gun in 40 minutes.
When we purchased our Bay house, we looked at homes from Cambridge on up,,it's worth a few weekends to see for your self
Awesome boating on the Chesapeake, north or south.
GOOD LUCK!
Old 11-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks everyone, especially Masher and JC!
Old 11-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Panther,

Know your delema. They are BRACing most from inside the beltway to Ft. Meade (or Ft. Belvoir). I'm not going to Meade. That is one of the reasons I got a new job last month. Good luck.

Patti
Old 11-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Try our local boat club site.....

www.cbpba.com

Chesapeake Bay Power Boat Association

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.