Notices

Loto snow damage.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:35 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Loto snow damage.

Originally Posted by BattleCry
Don't tell me that the docks weren't built the right way. The oak tree in my front yard is laying over and I'm sure it wasn't built right either. Yeah. Sure.
amazingly enough we have ice storms of varying severity fairly regularly in the last 10 years here. Horrible tree damage, power poles snaped off like toothpicks weeks without power ect. ect...

and really very little structural damage overall. Though I suspect we build everything to a higher load spec here because of the potential for 2-4 feet (or more) of ice/snow in as little as 24 hours.

bottom line... those are pretty lightwieght structures
Old 12-02-2006, 03:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a sea ray 44 in october and it is being docked at port arrowhead. Does anyone know how the gas dock looks? I have not heard from them.

Last edited by fazznick; 12-02-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm, my cruiser is at Glencove Yacht Club, 21mm. Any one got any info on their docks?
Old 12-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Steve_H

glencove made the list

Here is the official list from the Missouri Water Patrol of the docks that have damage as of 2:30:

Port Arrowhead at the 17.5 mile marker
Lazy Days at the 4 mile marker
Silver Sands at the 36 mile marker
Palisades 16 mile marker
Bridgeview 1 mile marker
Mungenast 1 mile marker (SEE BELOW)
Lands End 19 mile marker
Tan-Tar-A 26.5 mile marker
Forever Resort 2 mile marker Niangua
Glencove at 21 and 3 mm.
Here are the docks that reported damage on Friday as of 11:45, if you have information feel free to contact 573-348-2772 to report.
-The Moorings
-Dock A at Munganest docks sustained damage, but no boats were harmed
-Robin's Point
-Swiss Vilage Docks
-dock one and two at the Village Marina
-Kalfran
-Cedar Road Condos
-Boulder subdivision
-Arrowhead Marina
-Tan-Tar-A
-The Wheel House
-Palisades
-West Port Marina
There are a number of docks that are privately owned that are sinking. After talking with Nick Humphrey of the Water Patrol it is recommended that people on the water travel slowly today. Any amount of shift could cause more damage to already damaged areas. If you do attempt to get out and shovel or clear off the tops, make sure it is done evenly or the weight shift could cause the dock to flip. ALWAYS WHEN WORKING ON A DOCK, WEAR A LIFE PRESERVER. It is also recommended that those people that have to report the damage to their insurance agency contact the Water Patrol at their office, 573-751-3333, for a report.

For help with docks, you can contact Shane Stokes at Stokes Dock Company, 573-348-2334, you can contact the Dock Works Company at 573-964-1919, RWC Construction is doing dock repair, contact Rich Watts at 573-280-5868, and you can contact Darryl Roland at 573-374-0470.

http://www.1150krms.com./index.html?view=news#6099

Old 12-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy Re: Loto snow damage.

Originally Posted by Steve_H
If you do attempt to get out and shovel or clear off the tops, make sure it is done evenly or the weight shift could cause the dock to flip. ALWAYS WHEN WORKING ON A DOCK, WEAR A LIFE PRESERVER.
Good advice, I wouldn't have thought about the flipping issues...especially with emotions running high. This blows!Shoot! I just remembered I sold my old Sutphen to a guy on Loto....
Old 12-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel_Heart
Has anyone heard how the condo complexes are holding up? I can't get any definitive answers. How hard is it to get up on the roofs and shovel the snow? My boat is sitting in a slip at the 2 mile marker (Monarch Cove)
I would bet most recently constructed condo complexes are fine. They are built to higher standards and most withstand higher loads.

I'm just up from Monarch Cove at Milstone Condo's (6mm). Our docks are holding up although I read somewhere that some over at the Millstone Marina had suffered some damage. Your complex is much larger, if damage had been done at your place I would think it would have been reported.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 364 Likes on 243 Posts

if it snows in this area, why would'nt the boat be winterized and out of water??? Everybody keeps riding their boats even at freezing point ???
Old 12-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by jeff32
if it snows in this area, why would'nt the boat be winterized and out of water??? Everybody keeps riding their boats even at freezing point ???
boats are winterized on their lifts out of the water but in their slips and wont be used again until april.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Registered

Every dock a port arrowhead is down except the gas dock. The gas dock is the largest one. I was told it could still go down but my insurance will cover it if it does. I know they are working really hard down there to save as many boats as they can. Im just hoping that my dock holds up while the snow melts.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered

For everyone whose boat is sitting in the dock, don't forget to think about re-winterizing if the lower units get into the water. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be overlookingit.

Also according to the news the Missouri Water Patrol they hace closed LOTO to boat traffic. Only boats allowed onthe water are emergency boats and dock repair vessels.

Quick Reply: Loto snow damage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.