Notices

Loto snow damage.

Old 12-03-2006, 03:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Loto snow damage.

Originally Posted by Rippem
amazingly enough we have ice storms of varying severity fairly regularly in the last 10 years here. Horrible tree damage, power poles snaped off like toothpicks weeks without power ect. ect...

and really very little structural damage overall. Though I suspect we build everything to a higher load spec here because of the potential for 2-4 feet (or more) of ice/snow in as little as 24 hours.

bottom line... those are pretty lightwieght structures
2-3-4 inches of ice will snap almost marina area here or most places in the country... they are weaker structures than up north... not weak.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by mpally
We got a call last night saying our dock was in trouble. We went to LOTO this morning to check on our dock. This is what we found. Our boat is the one in the middle with full red cover and the green tarp on the back. Dock is probably a total loss, hopefully the boat survives. So far, the boat is in good shape. There's no telling what the dock will do when the snow starts to melt and the weight shifts. One of the most disturbing days at LOTO in my 20 or so years down there. The whole lake has sustain some major damage.
man that sucks. good luck with the boat

Old 12-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Registered

I may be missing the obvious, but why dont you let your boat down into the water and get it out of there ?

Also another probably dumb idea, could you blow the snow off with a leaf blower ?
Old 12-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=yahoo]I may be missing the obvious, but why dont you let your boat down into the water and get it out of there ?

thats what i was thinking as well, feet might get a little wet getting there, why wait for the boat to get crushed?
Old 12-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

that could be dangerous,,if that is to shift while he was to attempt to move it , eeven on his tippy toes , and it comes down , i don't think it would result in a good out come..

it is a sad sight to see..

hurricanes , snow storms , tornados, fires....some crazy sh!t happening in the world these days...
Old 12-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Registered

If we would lower the lift, the whole dock would go under. The lift is helping to some extent to keep the dock floating. At this point, it is too risky to try to get the boat out. If the dock would go down, whomever was in the boat would be trapped in the boat by the roof of the dock. That wouldn't be good.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

man that sucks,pray for another warm week .
Old 12-03-2006, 10:27 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Lots of real ugly pics. My dock is fairly new and in good shape, and altho is sitting somewhat lower it is still fine. But I have a carport that my son uses to keep his boat in during the winter and it didn't fair as well. Toppled over and has dome some damage to the boat. Of course carport is trash. Here is a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Loto snow damage.-img_1216.jpg  
Old 12-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Registered

Me and a neighbor spent 5hrs pushing snow & ice from our dock roofs. The only thing holding the docks from totally going under were our hoists. It's a f*ing mess down here.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Registered

I'ts not the snow that is the problem I have sleet 2or3 in deep on the dock walk way drive way roofs ect it took me two days to dig out. My dock did ok had some drifts about 2ft on it next door the dock went over sideways with the boat still on the lift. Looking out my window I can see three or four docks with damage.

Quick Reply: Loto snow damage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.