Powerboat Mag is off the deep end again

Notices

Powerboat Mag is off the deep end again

Old 12-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Powerboat Mag is off the deep end again

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Just got my new issue. In the Editor's Report,he states that Terry Rinker dominated ChampBoat Racing last season and he should back off on the throttle next year and let someone else win Says it would be good for the sport What is this guy smokin?You work hard to build a winning team and back off? Then why race at all? I don't follow ChampBoats that much,but if Terry and his team are that good,more power to them. Has PB forgotten,or did thay ever understand ,the reason racers race?
Hmmmm....Kinda like not having a bad word to say about any boat reviewed.....something like that? They're all GREAT!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Moses
Timmy Seebold, did he manufacture his own boat? There is a 33ft. Seabold boat for sale here in Vegas. Is that one in the same?
They did manufacture a those boats for a while. The molds were sold and now I believe Emerald how owns those molds.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was reading more of the mag this morning, and I've come to the conclusion that every boat they test is a great boat. Never a bad one.
And it truely is amazing how much Teague equipment exists on the test boats vs. what you see out on the water, or the showroom.
Not a knock against Teague or his/their equipment, but the only place I hear about it is in PB mag.
Is anyone here running Teague stuff??

Also, after the editorial comment - did anyone see the irony of the advertisment on the inside of the back cover
Old 12-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Regarding this month's issue - on the front cover they tease the article:

HOW TO: SAVE YOUR OUTDRIVE

I have searched cover to cover in that magazine but cannot find any article about saving your outdrive. Am I just missing it or did Powerboat forget to put the article in there?
Old 12-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Last edited by CigDaze; 12-17-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Registered

I think Power Boat mag editor are smokin crack for some of the things they come up with.

As far as Teague he did the test on the new bat boat by what he said the boat was great. How can you judge your own customer the boat had a Teague drive on it and the next page was a Teague add.

If the testing is to be truly considered unbiased then he should have excused himself from this particular test. As any legal judge would in court if he has a previous client come before his bench. The integrity of the test and the judges should be as transparent as possible with the possibility of question otherwise PB mag can talk all they want defending themselves and it will just fall on deff ears.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Regarding this month's issue - on the front cover they tease the article:

HOW TO: SAVE YOUR OUTDRIVE

I have searched cover to cover in that magazine but cannot find any article about saving your outdrive. Am I just missing it or did Powerboat forget to put the article in there?
I think they are referring to the artical on sacrificial anodes.
I haven't read it yet, but I imagine that is what they were promoting.

Which is really pretty stupid for a mag that trys to cater to the perfomance market - where very,very few boats are left in the water for any lengthy period of time.

Not exeactly the sort of thing I'd be too concerned about when the outdrive only gets wet when your using it - not sitting submerged for weeks or months...
Old 12-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Registered

I read Extreme Boat Magazine. I still get Powerboat but I don't read it too much brcause of commentary like that. EBM is much better.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:05 AM
BK
Registered

Originally Posted by Moses
Timmy Seebold, did he manufacture his own boat? There is a 33ft. Seabold boat for sale here in Vegas. Is that one in the same?
Most likely is.

Tim & Bill began manufacturing a fiberglass Mod-VP style tunnel boat in the 1980s (Seebold Eagle) and that eventually turned into a fiberglass boat building company called Seebold Boats (pleasure boats) . That company was sold mid-90's or thereabouts, but the new owner died in a plane crash not long afterward, and the molds then remained in storage for some time. Abilene, TX manufacturer "Emerald Boats" then bought most of those molds around 1998.

Tim Seebold still builds boats, but now he only builds racing tunnel boats for the Champ and SST-120 classes - both wood and fiberglass. He's actually just designed a new safety seat for boat racing, to improve side-impact protection (see Nov Hot Boat mag).

About the comment made by Powerboat Mag and Terry's total domination -- maybe they are just having flashacks of the Miss Budweiser dynasty which ruined the Unlimited Hydroplane sport?

But one dominating season isn't going to chase off the other teams...not yet, anway. Terry and his team really spent a LOT of time testing and tweaking during the offseason, and that's the key to any victory - hard work.

BK~
Old 12-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Matt Trullio makes interesting comments on the inside back cover.My interpretation of his article is that he is generally using an unfortunate accident to chastise their subscribers.I guess an editor writes things people will read,even if means biting the hand that feeds.

Quick Reply: Powerboat Mag is off the deep end again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.