Powerboat Mag is off the deep end again

Notices

Powerboat Mag is off the deep end again

Old 12-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerboat Mag is off the deep end again

Just got my new issue. In the Editor's Report,he states that Terry Rinker dominated ChampBoat Racing last season and he should back off on the throttle next year and let someone else win Says it would be good for the sport What is this guy smokin?You work hard to build a winning team and back off? Then why race at all? I don't follow ChampBoats that much,but if Terry and his team are that good,more power to them. Has PB forgotten,or did thay ever understand ,the reason racers race?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Powerboat Mag is off the deep end again

I read that last night and thought the same thing. He didnt get to be that dominant in his series by "backing off the pedal".
Old 12-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I read that this morning and thought exactly the same thing.
What the hell is this turning into?? Is this meaning you have to also pick the fat slow kid with no co-ordination first on the playground when playing basketball...
It's bad enough we are forcing this to happen in the schools - now, a comment like that means it is reaching "professional" sports too???

I think instead of Rinker pulling back on the sticks, the other teams need to be working alot harder than they already are to figure out how to beat him.
And if the slow, fat kid really wants to play basketball, he should lose some weight and work on his game.

If it's really a problem, and the playing field is somehow uneven in Rinker's advantage (??? I don't know how ???), then the sanctioning body should get involved - and I hate to make the normal NASCAR reference, but - like Nascar did back in the 70's when Dodge was running the winged Daytona's.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Registered

Kinda like boat racing affirmative action!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered

The problem with ChampBoat is not Terry Rinker dominating, which without a doubt he did this past year. The problem is the number of teams in ChampBoat. I have followed CB for many years and it is not all that exciting anymore. A bunch of the big names are gone. I think part of the reason Rinker did so well was that the talent is not what it used to be. With all that being said, keep an eye out for Timmy Seebold. I have a feeling he will have something up his sleeve for Terry.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Patriots have won enough Super Bowls now maybe they should lay back and let some other teams win the next few years.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe he was being sarcastic....I read it also....why back off so someone else can win???? This whole country's got the same attitude, hence: VietNam, Korea, The Middle east, affirmitave action, "political correctness"....speed limits that modern cars (and boats) idle at, etc........... Remember: When you're gonna shoot....SHOOT, don't talk !
Old 12-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Eric,I thought about that. Went back and re-read the whole page. The Poker Run comment was spot on,the Key West World's comment was spot on.The APBA Mission was weird,but seemed serious. So I have no reason to believe there was sarcasm in the Rinker article. But I might be wrong,what does everyone think,sarcasm or not?
Old 12-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Timmy Seebold, did he manufacture his own boat? There is a 33ft. Seabold boat for sale here in Vegas. Is that one in the same?
Old 12-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Registered

It's getting to be that kind of world. Maybe we should just stop awarding trophies for first, second and third. Just give everyone a participation trophy. We're all winners for participating.

Whoopeeeeee........................

Quick Reply: Powerboat Mag is off the deep end again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.