Notices

Growing our hobby/sport

Old 12-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Growing our hobby/sport

Originally Posted by RollWithIt
Im sure it definately changes from one area to the next. Where Im at there are actually a fair amount of younger boaters around. They dont have go-fasts though. Cant afford them. .
I see a lot of 25-35 year olds on the water but none of them have a performance style boat. Even at the local dealers I do not see 27-29 Formula's, Baja, Fountains, Donzi.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, Mike,,,I promise to never agree with you again. I am with a dealer, and have been for the last 15 years, and it was just an observation on my part. Taking age and/or income brackets out of the equation; I just don't see anyone beating the door down for "under 30' sport boats"...new or used. The designs, quality, performance and reliability are better than they've ever been, and yes, prices are up too. Maybe the technology and the costs thereof, have exceeded the marketplace. Certainly something for the manufacturers to think about.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've greatly improved mfg efficiency and controlled costs. Our prices are lower now than 2 years ago. It's never been a better time to purchase a single engine go fast!
Old 12-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hpoffshore
OK, Mike,,,I promise to never agree with you again. I am with a dealer, and have been for the last 15 years, and it was just an observation on my part. Taking age and/or income brackets out of the equation; I just don't see anyone beating the door down for "under 30' sport boats"...new or used. The designs, quality, performance and reliability are better than they've ever been, and yes, prices are up too. Maybe the technology and the costs thereof, have exceeded the marketplace. Certainly something for the manufacturers to think about.
LOL.... Good info and that is what I was suspecting.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I've greatly improved mfg efficiency and controlled costs. Our prices are lower now than 2 years ago. It's never been a better time to purchase a single engine go fast!
You have a great boat Brian that has been proven in very rough water and many races. Your boat is built much better than many other 28' boats advertised and tested in magazines. Now that you have a excellent interior place you really should promote the boat and try to get a couple of magazine test's.