Notices

Cocaine Cowboys--A Miami Vice style documentary

Old 12-15-2006, 10:03 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cocaine Cowboys--A Miami Vice style documentary

Interesting about Hughes being in the Plaza because of Watergate. I lived in that building for several years.

Hughes booked an entire floor at the Bayshore Inn another time. Are you sure Hughes was at the Plaza? I did not know the stuff about Carter signing the legislation, I guess that was Meyer/Meir that tipped them.

Funny about the CIA bugging Trudeau...The separatist leader in Quebec Rene Levesque loved the U.S. (having served in the U.S. army during WWII because he refused to serve in the Canadian "Brit" friendly forces) and regularly informed the CIA about what his plans were. Why? So the CIA would not have to worry about an independent Quebec being pro Soviet or something! Trudeau was definitely a thorn in the U.S. side.

More fun Canadian facts. <gg>

Reed I heard the drug dealer in Columbia made the stuff work on the Bond car, well, at least the machine guns and used to get his jollies out of firing them. Mr. L used to be in a military prison cell next to Walker, the guy who sold U.S. navy secrets to the Soviets. Odd that they would move him out of this super secure facility, but a the U.S. Cuban military prison would make sense.

Good article on the biggest cocaine cowboys here:

http://www.nyu.edu/classes/keefer/joe/ziel.html

Last edited by CBR; 12-15-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cocaine Cowboys--A Miami Vice style documentary

Originally Posted by CBR
I guess that was Meyer/Meir that tipped them.

Funny about the CIA bugging Trudeau...The separatist leader in Quebec Rene Levesque loved the U.S. (having served in the U.S. army during WWII because he refused to serve in the Canadian "Brit" friendly forces) and regularly informed the CIA about what his plans were. Why? So the CIA would not have to worry about an independent Quebec being pro Soviet or something! Trudeau was definitely a thorn in the U.S. side.
Meier, his daughter was briefly my Dad's assistant in 1982-3 as well. Meier was in jail at the time she worked for him for, tax invasion, murder, and a few other things. Did at one time think Meier's story was trying to capitalize on the Hughes connection and the fact he testified at water gate as well! I did go over to their house a few time's, swim in their pool, BBQ's a couple of times and they did have RCMP officers living at their house 24/7 in the early eighties. Meier was released from prison in maybe 93 or 4 and shortly after-words their driveway was filled with new Mercedes 560SEL's and SL's.

A lobbyist firm with employee's mostly alot of former CIA and other people with ties to the U.S government, represented the FLQ in the seventies. Lobbying to get them support from Congress and stuff like that. The FLQ had ties to the French Connection heroine smuggling ring and off course kidnaped a British diplomat the whole FLQ crisis thingy that people do not like mentioning. The same firm also was lobbying for Burma recently to have the sanctions lifted. Interesting that Burma and Afghanistan are tied together in the South East heroine trade. Vancouver has become the Asian heroine capital in much the same as Miami was to cocaine in the eighties. A joint U.S and Canada operation linked B.C drug money to arms financing to Afghan rebels in 02.