Notices

Fastest Non Step V-Hull

Old 12-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fastest Non Step V-Hull

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Sometimes the distance between theory and reality is farther than you think.

Don't all straight v bottom's ride good in dead calm water in a straight line? NK
NO
Old 12-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Velocity's are pad bottoms and they do get lite. I believe you were comparing them to the Active Thunders that are true 24 degree deep V's and that was the question that was asked. As said earlier enough H.P. will make anything fast
no the question was what is the fastest nonstepped V bottom.and that is a Velocity hands down.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered

Don't all straight v bottom's ride good in dead calm water in a straight line? NK

I've seen a video of an old fountain(38-42) with turbos and no steps - it chine walked- in calm water.

Strake placement does make a difference. Often, the bottom-most strakes terminate before the transom. But sometimes they don't.

"Top speed runs" are good for marketing purposes, just like racing is, but often they don't reflect the consumers intended use.

Personally, I like the longer races like Miami Bimini Miami, and races with rough ocean water.

Can you elaborate on the "theory v. reality" comment?
Old 12-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Please share you experience with Sutphen. You owned the 39 Stagger didnt you??

Thanks
Old 12-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vtec
Can you elaborate on the "theory v. reality" comment?
I had the opportunity to own one of the fastest 39 Sutphens ever and it was not a bargain in any kind of rough water. I was kidding about the all boats riding the same comment cause it was no bargain in calm water either. Just my opinion but I do get to have one since I did own one. NK

Last edited by Nauti Kitty; 12-12-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Velocity's are pad bottoms and they do get lite. I believe you were comparing them to the Active Thunders that are true 24 degree deep V's and that was the question that was asked. As said earlier enough H.P. will make anything fast
Sorry cosmic12, but the question asked was the fastest non step hull. And again I will say that Velocity will be ranked at the top.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Registered

I had the opportunity to own one of the fastest 39 Sutphens ever and it was not a bargain in any kind of rough water. I was kidding about the all boats riding the same comment cause it was no bargain in calm water either. Just my opinion but I do get to have one since I did own one. NK
Your saying the sutphen wasn't that good? I've seen video of one racing and it looked a little loose.....but that could be too much trim too.

I'm suprised. But I won't disagree with you (I've never been in one).

Now tell us how much better the apache is................................................ .and that will start a whole new beginning to this thread
Old 12-13-2006, 05:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Steet
Sorry cosmic12, but the question asked was the fastest non step hull. And again I will say that Velocity will be ranked at the top.
A.T. are fast, but correct, not as fast as Velocity, with the same power. They are also not nearly as light, they are built better, as well as ride better in the ruff stuff. FYI...the 33 which just came out and the 37 which has been out are the only 2 models with steps in A.T.'s line up. Both can be made without the step, and their are a few 37's without steps and 500 efi's doing around 80-82mph. Jeff
Old 12-13-2006, 05:57 AM
Registered

I will not dispute the speed of any Velocity, they are fast. But I read the question as deep V and to me that meens no pad no step ect ect. I was refering to the older 25,28,32 and early 37 A.T.s that were not step bottoms. As Jass said they are much heavier and bigger boats than most anything you can compare them to. They also never claimed to be the fastest or tried to be. I was just pointing out the over looked fact that they are very fast for being the wave crushing monsters that they are.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:16 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Vtec, I have a 39 Sutphen with side by side 5's on boxes. Boat will run 102. I have owned them for over 20 yrs. There are no handling issues what so ever. They will get into a chine on smoother water due to the dead rise but you can work with it like most. They probably have a rough water ride second to only to Apache/Cigs and other v-s weighing more. They are not a wave crusher. They do very well running on top with their 26 degree bottom. Anyone that says they are not a good riding rough water boat simply hasn't spent much time in one. Ask some of the more experienced folks that raced them or ran against them.

Quick Reply: Fastest Non Step V-Hull

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.