Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat Hauler (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147099-boat-hauler.html)

ciaoderhead 12-13-2006 01:03 PM

Boat Hauler

I need a Top Gun w/trailer picked up in Pensacola area and hauled to Richmond, VA. late December or early January.

Any recommendations on transportaion companies? What's the going rate these days?

Thanks

cigracing1 12-13-2006 01:06 PM

Re: Boat Hauler

Call Tunrner Freeman 214-695-2488 He's ready to go let me know if you have any problems.

bgchuby01 12-13-2006 01:26 PM

give me a call, everyone on here knows me. 909-*********

Magicfloat 12-13-2006 03:47 PM

bgchuby01 hauls our boats. Great service with no worries :drink:

t500hps 12-13-2006 05:28 PM

I had to look up Ophelia.....do you even have a stoplight there? :drink:

If you are familiar with Richmond you may know "A Brighter Finish". They are a detailing company with indoor facilities that have bought a transport trailer and trucks. They are out 360 towards Tappahanock and will likely give you a good rate.

Now: Where do you do most of your boating? Our group stays around the James River and Hampton Roads area but make a trip from Coles Point to Baltimore (with stops in between) every August. This year may be up to DC instead........and where are the pics of the new ride!!!!

Russ C.

klmken 12-13-2006 10:52 PM

I will be headed back from New Orleans around the 30th of December and could make a pass through on my way home to DC...What trailer is it on and how old is the rig?
Ken

ciaoderhead 12-14-2006 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps
I had to look up Ophelia.....do you even have a stoplight there? :drink:

If you are familiar with Richmond you may know "A Brighter Finish". They are a detailing company with indoor facilities that have bought a transport trailer and trucks. They are out 360 towards Tappahanock and will likely give you a good rate.

Now: Where do you do most of your boating? Our group stays around the James River and Hampton Roads area but make a trip from Coles Point to Baltimore (with stops in between) every August. This year may be up to DC instead........and where are the pics of the new ride!!!!

Russ C.

Hey Russ,

I live in Richmond but have a place at Smith Point. Stop Light? We don't need no stink'n stop light!! I'm on the Little Wicomico River about 3-minutes and I'm in the Bay. With the new boat....make that 1-1/2 mins.

I'll give A Brighter Finnish a call. Thanks for the info. If you're in the middle bay this summer we'll have to hook up. There's a great beach we go to right at the mouth of the Potomac. Only get there by boat and deep water.

Thanks for the info.

Woody

ciaoderhead 12-14-2006 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by klmken
I will be headed back from New Orleans around the 30th of December and could make a pass through on my way home to DC...What trailer is it on and how old is the rig?
Ken

Thanks Ken,

I may go that week and haul it back. Just checking options. Do I fly down and enjoy the boat in the gulf for a few days or spend the time on the road......should be a no brainer
:rolleyes:

It's an '02 on a Myco.
Woody

ciaoderhead 12-14-2006 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
bgchuby01 hauls our boats. Great service with no worries :drink:

Spoke with Jeff yesterday. Thanks for the hook-up.

t500hps 12-14-2006 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by ciaoderhead
Hey Russ,

I live in Richmond but have a place at Smith Point. Stop Light? We don't need no stink'n stop light!! I'm on the Little Wicomico River about 3-minutes and I'm in the Bay. With the new boat....make that 1-1/2 mins.

I'll give A Brighter Finnish a call. Thanks for the info. If you're in the middle bay this summer we'll have to hook up. There's a great beach we go to right at the mouth of the Potomac. Only get there by boat and deep water.

Thanks for the info.

Woody

I will contact you if I'm heading to that area. 10 years ago I used to fish out of the Great Wicomico with the family that builds Tiffany Yachts (friends of friends). Other than that, I've only passed through the area on the way somewhere else.