Like Tree0Likes

Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2006, 07:14 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD
Default Re: Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

When Mikey said in PB mag referring to Reggie, quote " somebody needs to shut him up" an article about Mikey babbling about his GPS record.

Reggie did not appreciate a young punk statement to the public. Therefore, the bar was raised again. Mikey's statement sucked, in print and shows a very immature side of OL.

That is the reason Reggie ran the record run.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:20 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

Recently, someone also said "someone needs to shut him up" referring to President Vladimir Putin. Poor guy lost all his hair.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:06 AM
Registered

I rented "The World's Fastest Indian" last night since I saw it mentioned in one of these Fountain threads. Wow. After reading some of the facts, the story line holds mostly true. Not much Hollywood drama added. It wasn't required. My point to this is, that going for a speed record is HUGE. It will consume the person going for it. Reggie must have some NEED to break his own record. Burt Monroe continued to break his own record. Continuous improvement is a good thing.

Even the people with millions of dollars to spend don't always get it right. The current land speed record is near 760mph and held by a Brit. I was reading about the American team trying to get it back and get near 800mph. They have some HUGE resources and have not been able to succeed yet. Maybe Reggie wants to break 200mph someday. Who knows Reggies reason, but the fact that he is willing to continuously improve on his own performance shows he is a real competitor. He isn't pulling a Cig and letting history sell his boats.

I would love to see OL step up and let the 2 go at it with unlimited resources. I think there are some excellent ideas being thrown around between the two teams. Hell, throw Cig back into the game. Let someone step up and knock on Reggie's door and say, "Let's play!" Reggie is one hell of a focused and determined competitor if he is willing to risk his life to beat his own record.

But to all those whining about production hulls and 525's, SHUT THE **** UP! This has nothing to do with that other than Reggie's marketing hype. Let the guy flap his yap and get some attention. I don't care what he does if he goes out and sets another record. I don't care if Mike from OL attempts a career as a rap star and gets gold teeth if he gets his ass out on the course and sets a new record. You guys are finding **** to ***** about.

Let Reggie run. If he sells a few boats while he is at it, then good. He'll need the cash after his expenses for the run. If he upsets a few along the way, then good. Maybe someone else will get off their ass and play ball with him. Are you happy with the current record? I'm not. I'd love to see a V hull break 200mph. Why? Because it's ****ing incredible no matter who the **** does it.

Last edited by Dredgeking; 12-17-2006 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:36 AM
Registered

Not to start anything but the press release dosent say Reggies going to be in the boat. this is cut & paste. "There is going to be a new Kilo," Knight announced, referring to a measured-distance challenge. "We'll raise the current speed record at that event, and we'll do it before the Miami boat show."
Old 12-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by the duke
....GPS speed means nothing in a kilo run.
Fountain, OL, etc aside- why doesn't GPS matter in kilo runs?

Trying to learn here, not questioning the statement; just not sure what or why that is?
Old 12-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My Boats: 22 Hustler

If David Knight is in the boat ,His going to get killed trying to set the the record. He can do it.

I say its going to be the Boss and Benny again.

Mike
Old 12-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Who Me?
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando
Outerlimits won the OSS World Championship against five Fountains. Skater SuperV won its share of races in SBI too. Fountain can't win 'em all even in SBI.
What Fountains were those? I only saw the Muscle Fountain running at the OSS Worlds.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmark
Fountain, OL, etc aside- why doesn't GPS matter in kilo runs?

Trying to learn here, not questioning the statement; just not sure what or why that is?
GPS speed as shown is the highest speed recorded, not the average. So you could hit the kilo doing 160, and exit it doing 180, and the GPS would say 180 as max speed. Kilo records are the average speed through the entire run, not the single max speed attained. I believe that somewhere, Fountain said what the max GPS reading was during the record run, and it was higher than the average.

Also just like radar that you have seen people talk about at the LOTO runs, their is a margin of error in GPS. It doesn't always repeat. In a measured kilo, XX seconds is always the same average speed.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
If David Knight is in the boat ,His going to get killed trying to set the the record. He can do it.
I say its going to be the Boss and Benny again.
Agreed. when it comes crunch time, its gonna be Reggie on the sticks. The only way he won't be in the boat is if someone kidnapped him
Old 12-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Registered

Good explanation The Duke- thanks!
Closed Thread