Like Tree0Likes

Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Registered

Default Re: Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

100plus,

I'm just off on my annual rant. No issue with you. You made some great points. I really didn't care about this thread until I watched the "World's Fastest Indian" and realized what it takes to set a speed record. It doesn't matter what your resources are. It's not an easy thing to do. If it was, my grandmother would be out there making the runs.

I looks at the f1 and f2 kilo runs and the mags for my production boat info. Even that isn't always correct.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Registered

My Boats: 38 Jupiter CC, Miss GEICO

This thread really shows the negative side of OSO.

I remember recently reading a very inspiring story on OSO/Extreme about a brave young man that has a passion for offshore like very few. Despite the hurdles life had thrown at him, something inside this competitor pushed him towards doing something extremely special.... break a speed record.
No one was going to talk him out of it..The record was his. Because of his determination (probably came from his dad) he owns a speed record today that will not soon broken. I think about the bravery this took often. NO ONE... EVEN THE PESSIMISTIC , the miserable, or the DOUBTER'S CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM HIM.

Why would anyone try and take it away from these guys? Let them follow their instincts same as this young man did.

T2x your right.. it's not a drag boat but you of all people know the design limitations and the risks. Downplaying them in your quote above is poor form.

This sport is all of ours. forget the boat manuf. these pilots are CHAMPIONS from the USA not Europe or Asia or South AMERICA. Be proud and support them.

m

United we race. Divided we fall.

Last edited by Maximus; 12-18-2006 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454

Well put M

Jon
Old 12-18-2006, 11:27 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofn
Well put M

Jon
Ditto!

For some odd reason I feel like saying "Run Reggie, Run" in an accent from the Forest Gump Movie..
Old 12-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

Everyone has their opinions, thats what makes this site great and why alot of us are here daily.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x
I 'll believe my facts ...you believe yours....
The problem is yours aren't facts, it's nothing more than your conjecture. Again, show me where hp ratings have changed since 1990.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x
You will anyway.
I belive facts not conjecture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x
I also believe in the existance of the piss clam.
Why am I not suprised?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x
Reggie is running a HUGE amount of HP against as little weight as possible to set a record that means little in terms of comparing his product to anyone else's..... If he wants to prove the product...run side by side comparisons with 525's, 1075's or some other constant source of comparative HP.
Uh, this is a top speed run not an even hp competition...the idea is to go as fast as possible, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x
Drag boats go over 240 mph from a standing start....... in 1/4 mile.... That's a lot more impressive driving feat than running a 42' monster at 170-180 or wherever with enough power to spare to lock the hull down against the water.....
More opinion?
Different strokes for different folks that's why we have different venues in racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x
While it still takes guts...let's put this whole nonsense into perspective.

1. They've done NOTHING yet

2. If they do we''ll be relieved that no one is hurt

3. If they don't this thread was a complete waste of space.

4. If , God Forbid, a tragedy occurs.... many of you will be quite disappointed on the following Sunday.

T2x
Big words from a guy who has no problem strapping his son in a high hp performance boat and setting speed records for the handicapped.

"At 9:15am on 7/15/2006 Darren throttled the 36 Nor-Tech Cat Perfect Storm to a new World Speed Record of 130mph!!!

It was a lot of fun, and I had a great time," said Darren, who has cerebral palsy. "The ride was unbelievable. It was very smooth." When asked what was next? Darren answered "I think I will take my trophy home and retire!"

http://www.darrensoffshorephotos.hom...ULL19TH03.html
Old 12-18-2006, 01:47 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Now your being silly. Of course Piss Clams exist. They are also known as Ipswich clams.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmark
Ditto!

For some odd reason I feel like saying "Run Reggie, Run" in an accent from the Forest Gump Movie..
Funny. Hopefully they won't need the crowd to yell stop in the endzone for him. I just wish someone would run after him.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Registered

Holy ****, T2x!!!!!!! Condemn one man for trying to break his own speed record and praise another for doing the same thing. Darren broke his own record. Sounds a lot like Reggie. They both had goals and felt the need to improve upon something. Did the boat Darren ran have 525's in it? Was it compared to other boats of the same HP? NO! It was his goal. It was him improving upon his own record. Your son is the kind of person, a true competitor, that I've been talking about. Your son had many of the same risks Old Man Reggie has. Here's a kicker. Your son may have even, in some slight subliminal way, been motivated by some of Reggie's accomplishments. T2x, I like you, man, but really, stop the BS. If you don't like Reggie, then **** Reggie. But don't condemn the man for being a competitor. You should know where he's coming from. Weren't you "something special" before you became obsolete? I believe you still are. Lay off old man Reggie's speed run. Bag on him for his accent or tan.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Who Me?
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredgeking
Holy ****, T2x!!!!!!! Condemn one man for trying to break his own speed record and praise another for doing the same thing. Darren broke his own record. Sounds a lot like Reggie. They both had goals and felt the need to improve upon something. Did the boat Darren ran have 525's in it? Was it compared to other boats of the same HP? NO! It was his goal. It was him improving upon his own record. Your son is the kind of person, a true competitor, that I've been talking about. Your son had many of the same risks Old Man Reggie has. Here's a kicker. Your son may have even, in some slight subliminal way, been motivated by some of Reggie's accomplishments. T2x, I like you, man, but really, stop the BS. If you don't like Reggie, then **** Reggie. But don't condemn the man for being a competitor. You should know where he's coming from. Weren't you "something special" before you became obsolete? I believe you still are. Lay off old man Reggie's speed run. Bag on him for his accent or tan.
I was going to bring this up way back on page 1 but thought I'd save this for much later or maybe even leave Darrin out of it and hopefully T2X would remember this event for himself. See, the problem Rich?
Closed Thread