Like Tree0Likes

Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Registered

Default Re: Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Dredge,

No worries. I didn't feel "ragged on" at all. Sames goes for FeverMike and Fountain42 and anyone else. I just want to be debated, agreed with or whatever for the idiotic things I actually say rather than the idiotic things I people think I said. Now, I'm getting confused.

Really, gentlemen, and I mean that in truest sense, whether or not Fountain pulls it off this has been (for me anyway) an informative and entertaining thread.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:06 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown42
One thing for sure, we are all talking about 1 V-Hull builder against all other cat builders....that's funny!

Who would have guessed.
if by "we" you mean fountain guys, then yes....

IF reggie goes 200+ (that is a huge if due to all the unknown factors in a speed event like this) then you can compare him to the fastest cat builders, but right now, he is still a ways behind in the speed records... reggie is king of the v's, it should be interesting what he can put down in the next 6 weeks.....

do any of you fountain insiders ( i assume this since you all 'know' he is gonna run 200+ ) know when this run is going to take place yet? i wouldn't think this is the kinda thing you just throw together one morning....
Old 12-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Registered

100-plus.....I am not rippen or mad at or anything..why am i being brought up. I knew when this thread started it was going to be fun!!!! Game on we are all adults.....well....you know what I mean...growing older but not up i guess.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
IF reggie goes 200+ (that is a huge if due to all the unknown factors in a speed event like this) then you can compare him to the fastest cat builders, but right now, he is still a ways behind in the speed records... reggie is king of the v's, it should be interesting what he can put down in the next 6 weeks.....

Jeeze! Stay on track will ya? This thread has already had more twists and turns. I think it's about the fastest V hull.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat
Speed records are the pure art form; just you and your machine against the laws of physics. There are no rules and it is not possible to cheat. As soon as you say everybody has to use the same engine the cheating starts.
I just spent an hour reading this entire thread, and this post stuck in my mind the most. How true! Run whatcha brung, no holds barred. You are only restricted by the size of your nuts! I don't give a rats ass why he does it, but I have to repect that he WANTS to do it.

I've never been a big Fountain fan, but you have to respect Reggie for what he has done, regardless of his hair, chains, etc. He is undoubtably the most recognized name in offshore, still living.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron P
These are the two guys that Reggie needs to watch out for. Darren Luhrs and Ken Warby.

Guys, lets face it. To be a speed record holder you have to be halfway nuts and carry a monster set of balls between your legs. Look at Warby, he can barely walk. And why do you think Darren's sitting?

I hear Reggie used to be taller, but the weight pulled him down.
In 6 years it'll be a whole new ballgame...
Old 12-19-2006, 10:45 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdman
You must be joking ...after like a year or so of you on here about fountain this ...that....fountain pushing across the start line with jc special tap:
Don't miss quote me. I never brought up JC's duct tape nor said he was pushed across the line.

He idled with shrinkwrap under his boat, did not complete 1 lap, accepted the World Championship Title in Super Vee Unlimited for it, then advertised winning the Title.
I don't call it bashing, I call it stating the facts.

As I said, I don't hate the man, I just dislike the gimmicks and rule bending...

And I will ask you since you must know Byrd, How does a boat pass pre-race inspection with a delaminated bottom and then is allowed out on the course while 3 other sea worthy boats were told they had to stay on their trailers?

And people wonder why I have to repeat myself...
Obviously you didn't read my posts correctly the 1st time....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 12-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 35 Fountain/252 Formula/330ss Formula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
if by "we" you mean fountain guys, then yes....

do any of you fountain insiders ( i assume this since you all 'know' he is gonna run 200+ ) know when this run is going to take place yet? i wouldn't think this is the kinda thing you just throw together one morning....
Fountains are the only vee's to win over cats in racing 3 times.(not including keywest this year because i won't claim it) the run will be in Washington , NC in Jan. there isn't a date set because the guy building the motors and paying for this to happen just delivered the motors and the boat is being put together. that isn't promising they will stay together.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:56 PM
Registered

My Boats: 353 Fastech

The King
The Castle
The Army
Attached Thumbnails
Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!-reggie_mn.jpg   Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!-factory_img.jpg   Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!-factory_group_lg.jpg  

Old 12-19-2006, 11:06 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Talking Re: Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back4More
Kinda reminds me of the cell phone ad....

Exactly !!!

Can you hear me now ???

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Closed Thread