Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Notices

Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Old 12-15-2006, 06:50 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Originally Posted by Fanatic
In 1990 3000 hp got you the world record at 114 mph in a 47 Fountain race boat. Today 3000 hp gets you knocking on 200 mph. A 47 Fountain Lightning fully equiped pleasure boat with 2150 hp (2x1075) gets you 117 mph nowdays.

This stuff spins off to the production boats.
Maybe...just maybe.... 3000 hp in 1990..was about the same...or less......... than 2150 today.

Nobody certifies HP claims either.

T2x
Old 12-15-2006, 06:53 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I am NOT drinking the Fountain Kool Aid .
Really?

Than what are those red, white and blue stains all over your pants?

T2x
Old 12-15-2006, 06:56 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by the duke
Do unlimited hydros have them?
Unlimited Hydro racing developed the safety capsule in 1985....it has been mandatory since then, and has now become mandatory in most other faster boat racing classes as well.

T2x
Old 12-15-2006, 07:09 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
, hull technology for one is a major part of the trickle down from kilos and racing. Lay up schedules, type of materials used, drive heights, tabs postions, balance of the boat, placments of steps, geometry of steps, pads, chines and strakes, aerodynamics of the hull and deck all come from R&D to make a boat go faster on the race course or the kilo run. .
Translation........

Boats are lighter......... courtesy of aerospace materials from NASA

HP is more dependable and useable at higher RPM's.... courtesy of various engine builders

Anybody smell the fuel they're running today?

Props are better........Courtesy of Herring/Mercury

Drives are dry sumped...courtesy of Shifter

The rest is simply stabilizing the hull for a calm water blast or two......

Look..... the fastest design on water is no contact at all (see below)..... as speeds increase the footprint of any good hull will decrease until there is little or no contact at all...... and a flatter surface is faster and more stable than a vee'd surface with the advantage increasing as the angle of the vee increases. This is why the Velocity's are so fast. Steps leave the water well below terminal speed..... or they should...if not they will actually scrub speed.

Of course this will fall on deaf ears if you firmly believe that Fountain actually invented speed.
Attached Thumbnails Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!-dave%2527s%2520wings%2520008%2520small.jpg   Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!-my-pictures-199.jpg  
Old 12-15-2006, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does Fountain keep funding these record attempts?

If I remember correctly, they borrowed like $18 Mil just a few shorts years ago to stay afloat, is this correct?

There has to be alot of $$$$ thrown at these boats, but I guess he does a good job of getting FREE publicity.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Registered

The stock (FPB) is well off it's 52-week high, and trading at 25% of it's price in the late 90's.

Having spent 25 years in institutional portfolio management, I can assure you that serious investors are always disdainful of loud-mouthed egomaniacs...

Like they say, money talks, and...................................
Old 12-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Registered

T2x,

I really dig the simple boat physics you provide in some of these discussions. The info you provide is simple and most of us know the theories, but forget them when a heated discussion starts.

Velocity used to market their V bottom speeds against everyone else, but their marketing budget must have dwindled. I really enjoy their single engine boats. They are very fast and responsive. A real driver's boat. I tried to buy one prior to getting my F1 Fountain, but they guy loved it so much, that he couldn't part with it.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
Maybe...just maybe.... 3000 hp in 1990..was about the same...or less......... than 2150 today.

T2x
Have some actual fact to back that up?

Also how about the HUGE weight difference between the pleasure boats and full race boat?

My buddies 42 with twin merc was stripped to the bone.

Last edited by Fanatic; 12-15-2006 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Registered

I don't have any facts, but horsepower yesterday doesn't seem to equal horsepower today. I don't know if it's a measuring, calibration, calculation or instrumentation issue.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fanatic
Then you can explain to me how a lighter boat in 1990 with 3000 hp went 114 mph and set the speed record while a 2006 13,400 lbs pleasure boat with 2150 hp runs 117 mph ?

Explain to me how my friends boat in 1990 (Alen Fuentes) which was a stripped down 42 Lightning race boat with staggered twin 1000 mercs ran ~100 mph wide open, yet a fully loaded heavier 42 lightning pleasure boat with staggered 1000's will run 120 plus today?
Fanatic, the fact...REAL FACT...is T2X can't explain this and he refuses to acknowledge these facts as well. He's REALLY the one drinking Kool Aid. Rich, I understand and know that Fountain uses these races and kilo's for there marketing department. OL and Sunsation hang there hats on a P-Class win as World Champs and Cigarette hangs there marketing hat on there past racing history as well..why don;t you lambaste them as well?

Quick Reply: Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.