Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Once again, the Fish-huggers use BAD Data... >

Once again, the Fish-huggers use BAD Data...

Notices

Once again, the Fish-huggers use BAD Data...

Old 02-05-2002, 07:06 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Post Once again, the Fish-huggers use BAD Data...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...sat-salmon.htm
I hope that the present adminstration can bring some TRUTH to these issues, and let just a little common sense help solve these problems.
MD

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Dean Ferry ]
Old 02-05-2002, 08:38 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dean, I farm, and that issue has had me burning since I heard about it last year. Those goofballs forced several farms to go bankrupt becuase of some false claims about a sucker fish. I've always considered my self to be an envirmentalist. I have to be. I have to care for my land like my livelyhood depends on it. Because it does.

These people are simpy whacked. I hope they are prosecuted.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I hope the displaced and bankrupt farmers can at least sue back for what they have lost...Damn shame it had to be like that.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth...
-or is it-
An eye for an eye, your life for a fish?

Just don't know anymore?
Old 02-05-2002, 09:09 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
PAYTON,
I have felt for a long time that the ECO-RADICALS will stop @ NOTHING, including, lying, cheating, planting false data, and the general Chicken Little "The Sky is Falling" tactic to SCARE the masses and the Gov't into BAD Decision for the enviroment!
I consider myself a Conservationist, in that I want to CONSERVE our nature resources, and @ the same time, allow us citizens ACCESS to use them approperiatly!
I can not imagine what it was like last year, for all those farmers who have had THRIVING, PRODUCING Farms for generations that have co-existed with the river basin, TO SUDDENLY HAVE THEIR FARM'S LIFEBLOOD SHUT-OFF!!! And how in some cases, the Farmer had to tell his kids that they will probobly have to sell their family farm, (Been in the Family for generations) and move because of some SUPPOSEDLY ENDANGERED FISH!!
MD
Old 02-05-2002, 09:23 AM
supercrash

Dean...Thats nothing..When bush took office in texas he told the people "I will do everything I can to defend the power of private property,and private property rights when I am Gov." Bush follows this up by condenming Curtis Mathis's land in texas for a new baseball stadium , That he strong arms the city into paying for..Then cashes out with 15 mill. The court orders him to pay Mathis a fair price for the land and he refuses still.
This is the kind of corruption that leads people to make false data!!!To bad they couldn't place some cat hair on the Mathis property....Bush knowingly lied to his supporters when he made that first statement...He could still make good on his debt but probably won't.,

Old 02-05-2002, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Payton: I, too, farm and therefore know exactly what you mean when you say we HAVE to care for the land. Most people do not understand that land has to be well cared for and nourished to be productive. I am also primarily involved in the business of feeding cattle. Here again is another case of HAVING to take care of the land, the groundwater, yes-the ENVIRONMENT in order to do our jobs efficiently.
The thing that annoys me the most about "environmentalists" is that they generally are extremely short-sighted, close-minded, unhappy little people that have nothing better to do than to try to use their "power" (which is really nothing more than a loud annoying voice) to make OTHER people do what they want.
Let me say this: THE TRUE ENVIRONMENTALISTS ARE THE ONES ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING TO PROLONG THE LIFE OF THE LAND AND THE ANIMALS THAT LIVE ON IT, NOT THE ONES THAT PROCLAIM THEMSELVES TO BE SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT!
Sorry for shouting, but too often these days we are faced with defending what we do becasue of a few people who do nothing. It really pisses me off.
OK, I'm done venting now
supercrash: It has been said that those who cannot practice...preach. Hmmmm, does that ring true? I think so.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:07 AM
supercrash

What???

My post is only a example of why these people might make false data..

Next time bush may try to condenm your land and maybe you will have to plant some exotic cat hair to save your land...These people make false data because they are up against Gov. corruption....I don't care to see anybody get bent over and screwed like Curtis Mathis did by G.W. BUSH...even if they have to fight dirty themselves.

FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE..does that ring true?? I think so..

Old 02-05-2002, 10:52 AM
Registered

Another expression: "The end always justifies the means" Hmmm.
I don't believe so, whether it is George W. or the "save the whatever of the day" club.
Surely there will come a day when actual independent fact will rule over cases such as these. I certainly hope so. For now it doesn't seem to be the case.
My point was that too many self-appointed "experts" are trying to make their views become law (with total disregard for the REAL facts) while some of us do what we have always done....quietly take care of our land and our environment.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:56 AM
supercrash

"If you see a snake kill it , Don't appoint a committee on snakes"
-Ross Perot

Old 02-05-2002, 11:13 AM
Registered

sc:
I've always liked that quote! A lot of truth there. Shold have added: "Don't listen to a self-appointed committee on snakes"

Quick Reply: Once again, the Fish-huggers use BAD Data...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.