Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poll: What Is Your Boat Worth ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147426-poll-what-your-boat-worth.html)

jeff32 12-18-2006 11:15 PM

Poll: What Is Your Boat Worth ?

I started another tread asking if you had a loan somewhere to help you have your boat or if it was paid 100%. See http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=147296

As of right now, 114 votes for paid, and 104 for loan, meaning a little more than half of us have their boat paid for.

Then here is another question: vote according to what is your boat worth, not the price you dream you could have but a price you could probably sell it within a couple weeks/month.

everybody are welcome to vote of course, but I specially ask you guys who voted on the other tread to vote again here.

Thanks!

Donman 12-18-2006 11:16 PM

Re: Poll: What Is Your Boat Worth ?

poll ?

jeff32 12-18-2006 11:18 PM

I voted for me 50 000$ or less, of course.

Moses 12-18-2006 11:50 PM

Im in 50-100K and would have thought most on this site would have been around the same. I think it will come up.

itilldo 12-19-2006 04:49 AM

if you could have expanded the break down in 25 k increments, I think you'll find the majority of boats are between 75 and 100.

Mine's worth a million :p :D but I will settle for cash for half the amount :drink:

BeakBoater35 12-19-2006 05:13 AM

In the current market? It hurts to think about it! And the folks at the factory keep pushing "Executioners" out the door....which has been exactly that to resale values.

Originally Posted by jeff32
I started another tread asking if you had a loan somewhere to help you have your boat or if it was paid 100%. See http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=147296

As of right now, 114 votes for paid, and 104 for loan, meaning a little more than half of us have their boat paid for.

Then here is another question: vote according to what is your boat worth, not the price you dream you could have but a price you could probably sell it within a couple weeks/month.

everybody are welcome to vote of course, but I specially ask you guys who voted on the other tread to vote again here.

Thanks!

OldSchool 12-19-2006 06:59 AM

I figure that my boat is worth somewhere between 100-130K.....depending on how quickly I want to sell it. :rolleyes: ......but it is paid for and not for sale! :drink: :evilb:

klaw 12-19-2006 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by jeff32

I was thinking about the other thread and was also wondering if the boat was paid for was it done with money borrowed against something else like a second mortgage
Boat is technically paid for but debt was taken on to pay for it.

BY U BOY 12-19-2006 09:35 AM

>50k In Thebook. But Priceless To Me

Single With Twins 12-19-2006 10:02 AM

Mine is probably about 160k and financed 70% of it with a boat loan.

NASCAT 12-19-2006 10:02 AM

The way I see it everyones boat is only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay for it regardless of the asking price!

el indio 12-19-2006 10:48 AM

what is my boat worth? trick question!!!!!!!what is my boat worth to whom???????????????that is the real question................m.m......

Clay Washington 12-19-2006 11:25 AM

Mine is in the $50K - $100K range. It (like everything else I own) is ALWAYS for sale! :D

jeff32 12-19-2006 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by klaw
I was thinking about the other thread and was also wondering if the boat was paid for was it done with money borrowed against something else like a second mortgage

then I would say a loan somewhere helped you have it.

jeff32 12-19-2006 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by NASCAT
The way I see it everyones boat is only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay for it regardless of the asking price!

Then, does it mean I could have your boat for, let's say... 50 K?

I know what you mean but I doubt it's worth 50K! We always have an idea on what could be a selling price for our boat, not the dream price we wish we had...

OldSchool 12-19-2006 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by klaw

I learned a good lesson on the home equity line thing when I bought my TG. Wrote a check for the boat, the heloc rate was 3.25%....then it started going up what seemed to be .25% per month. When I paid it off, it was at 7.75%! :eek: :eek: What was a minimum payment of about $400 per month turned into over $850 per month! I don't miss that at all.

Chris Sunkin 12-19-2006 11:56 AM

Thanks for posting this- I needed a good cry.

How do you make a million dollars?

Easy-- buy a 2 million dollar boat and take it home.

BajaRunner 12-19-2006 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Thanks for posting this- I needed a good cry.

How do you make a million dollars?

Easy-- buy a 2 million dollar boat and take it home.

thats how do you lose a million
:D

Pantera1 12-19-2006 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
I learned a good lesson on the home equity line thing when I bought my TG. Wrote a check for the boat, the heloc rate was 3.25%....then it started going up what seemed to be .25% per month. When I paid it off, it was at 7.75%! :eek: :eek: What was a minimum payment of about $400 per month turned into over $850 per month! I don't miss that at all.

It may take a while but read the entire loan doc carefuly before you sign anything. There are many caveats that can bite one in the butt, that are not on the first page or two. Its amazing how bad a loan it is possible to get.. bankrupting many who just didnt know what they were in for. I think its got a little to do with the flat real estate market as of late. Lots of folks are upside down because they took an arm that has matured ..

yesrej 12-19-2006 06:44 PM

im in the 50 or less but im waiting for that rich moron to give me 100k for it.

tblrklakemo 12-19-2006 07:01 PM

Whatever somebody will pay for it.

AIR TIME 12-19-2006 08:24 PM

if you take a second loan to buy your boat make sure its a fixed rate :D my boat I payed cash for so its worth nuthing :rolleyes: , because I'm going to strip it and buy a blank hull nexted yr :D

Audiofn 12-19-2006 09:39 PM

My Formula is worth a LOT less then what I have into it but that is fine with me. I figure the Donzi is worth a lot more then what I paid for it, or like M.M. said worth what to whom.... If I find a buyer that has to have a one of only 8 made then......

Jon

jeff32 12-19-2006 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
My Formula is worth a LOT less then what I have into it but that is fine with me. I figure the Donzi is worth a lot more then what I paid for it, or like M.M. said worth what to whom.... If I find a buyer that has to have a one of only 8 made then......

Jon

one out of only 8 made ??? really ? Not more than 8 made at that time ?

Audiofn 12-19-2006 10:55 PM

My Donzi is a one of 8 ever made (from what I have been told). Documented Factory Big block 18. I only know of one other still around.

Anarchy Powerboats 12-20-2006 01:28 AM

What exactly are you extracting from these polls Jeff?

jeff32 12-20-2006 11:17 AM

just trying to figure out first if most boats have a loan or not. If I had one I could get a newer boat myself but I restrict myself to these old tubs...

Then if it is paid for, just trying to see the price range that boats are paid for.

In no way I can see or want to know your personnal income, plus what you declare as income could be different than your real income, so I don't see any reason to post a poll on salary...

If ever this was your question!!! I'm just having fun talking with you guys, and also found interesting to finance the boat and keep some real cash to move on to different money maker project!

Thanks again everybody for posting!

jeff32 12-20-2006 11:18 AM

plus I'm getting closer to my first thousand post!

RJBBC 12-21-2006 07:14 AM

We are in the less than 50K class and we still owe money the boat. I am starting to think I spend too much time on this website and not enough time bringing home more bank.

Knot 4 Me 12-21-2006 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by RJBBC
We are in the less than 50K class and we still owe money the boat. I am starting to think I spend too much time on this website and not enough time bringing home more bank.

Rob, you need to bring home more bank because I see a blown 540 in your near future! :eek: :drink: :evilb:

Knot 4 Me 12-21-2006 09:33 AM

My boat is worth right around $50K. Since I'm the one in the family most interested in this hobby, I really don't see ever having much more than that invested in a boat. I've got roughly $56K invested.

IRONMAN 12-21-2006 06:41 PM

My Donzi is a one of 8 ever made (from what I have been told). Documented Factory Big block 18. I only know of one other still around.

I know where one more is!, So that accounts for 3 of the 8

US1 Fountain 12-21-2006 10:13 PM

My Formula is worth a LOT less then what I have into it but that is fine with me.

My brother is in the same position. He bought the boat he wanted, Glastron Carlson jet boat, only to have to replace the flooring, stringer, a bulkhead, complete new custom interior, repaint, motor rebuild all within the 1st 3 yrs. He and I have more time in that boat than the original build time frame. It was a great project, but glad it's done. Several have told him to quit dumping money in it, but unfortunatly it would take alot more additional $$$ to get one in good shape, plus then be out of his initial investment as it was basically worth very little once the demons popped up. It's now in great shape and it fits him to a T.
Sometimes it's cheaper to keep dumping money in a hole, vs buying a new hole. Gotta work with what you can afford, or go without.

http://groups.msn.com/GlastronCarlso...23.msnw?Page=1

runafever 12-22-2006 09:21 AM

Boat values are relative to what someone is willing to pay right now. We all know that our boats are worth more to us than they are to someone else. In todays market it is best to wait till the market turns around.

BGIII 12-23-2006 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Sometimes it's cheaper to keep dumping money in a hole, vs buying a new hole. Gotta work with what you can afford, or go without.

There is a universal statement if I ever heard one! :D

crb76 12-23-2006 11:48 AM

Mine is worth what someone is willing to pay for it...

Comanche3Six 12-24-2006 05:55 PM

The remainder of my sanity

Audiofn 01-03-2007 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by IRONMAN (Post 1970280)
I know where one more is!, So that accounts for 3 of the 8

I never did find out who the other one was. One of the guys on Donzi.net told me that he had found one other. Yours (or the one you know about) may very well be the second one....

Jon

88Fount33 01-09-2007 02:19 PM

So when this is all done you can tell us our shoe size?

jeff32 01-09-2007 10:15 PM

no but that tells me what is the biggest market...