Notices

Don Aronow question

Old 12-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Don Aronow question

I spent yesterday in NY with Michael Aronow, comparing information on what HORBA has in it's files and what the Aronow archives have.....there are tons of unbelievable stuff between the two sources.

We would like to do a tribute to Don in 2007 as he would have been 80 years old, if he had lived this coming March 1.

What would you, the people like to see?

We have everything from childhood photos to early racing shots and actual movies of him racing both here and overseas.

One idea was a book containing 80 photos, that had never been published before. Another was a history with photos of the development of each boat company that he started.

Please help with your suggestions, as we would like to get this organized and up and running soon after the first of the year.

Thank you for your interest and suggestions. You can write to us directly at www.historicraceboats.com or post an answer here on OSO.
Attached Thumbnails Don Aronow question-donald-aronow0019a.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 12-21-2006 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Don Aronow question

A history of photos of the boat companies he started would be interesting to see.....
Old 12-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

I agree a nice history of the companys.........Even though anything you put together i would read or buy........
Old 12-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

A combination book and DVD set would be great. You could publish all the pictures and tidbits of info in the book and then have a compelation of all the video clips on DVD. Maybe put all the pictures on the DVD as well. Have the video narrated by people who were either there racing against him or were involved one way or another with each clip. I would love to see you and Michael and your combined thoughts and insight into Don as well.

Sign me up for a copy of the book set now!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

20 + years of offshore history (companies, races, boats, etc...) in one display...my hats off to you.

My two cents is alittle bit from all the companies he founded would be a good start with future plans to highlite his races and wins and possibly another to display the differant boats he designed.

Good luck - it should be quite a display.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
I spent yesterday in NY with Michael Aronow, comparing information on what HORBA has in it's files and what the Aronow archives have.....there are tons of unbelievable stuff between the two sources.

We would like to do a tribute to Don in 2007 as he would have been 80 years old, if he had lived this coming March 1.

What would you, the people like to see?

We have everything from childhood photos to early racing shots and actual movies of him racing both here and overseas.

One idea was a book containing 80 photos, that had never been published before. Another was a history with photos of the development of each boat company that he started.

Please help with your suggestions, as we would like to get this organized and up and running soon after the first of the year.

Thank you for your interest and suggestions. You can write to us directly at www.historicraceboats.com or post an answer here on OSO.

i say EVERYTHING.......count me in the first day it goes on sale

Mike
Old 12-21-2006, 09:12 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You came to Port Washington and didn't say hi?
Old 12-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
You came to Port Washington and didn't say hi?

I forgot that you were buying lunch on Wednesdays....next time.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in line for anything you come up with Charlie......but the more photos the better.....and specific pics of the factory (especially Magnum...)

A DVD would be awesome and a GREAT seller too.

Aaron
Old 12-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd like to see a more technical look at the boats and why he did things to them

Quick Reply: Don Aronow question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.