Notices

moving to fla.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:19 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: moving to fla.

Originally Posted by bowtie
My house is in Hudson my sister lives in Port Richie. Real nice boating there. Insurance sucks you need homeownerw, flood and wind to be properly protected. Taxes aren't too bad, though they have gone up recently but so has property values. Over all beats the hell out of Jersey. Just have to convince the wife of that.
Bowtie he lives off rt.19 in a nice hood.He has a 388 hustler with american flag painted on it.He hangs out at Mikes on fridays.You should hook up with him.his screen name here is hudsonslingshot
Old 12-21-2006, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Russ G
I'm thinking of moving to Florida. I live in New Jersey now. I'm a blue collar guy. I have been an auto painter most of my life, now I'm a service adviser. My wife also works in a car dealer as a internet sales manager. We have 2 young children under 8 years old. I love boating and motocross. We like the burbs. With that said what would be a nice area to look at in Florida?

Thanks

Russ
Born & raised in FL, Tampa area, joined the military & left, My family still lives there. I retired 5 years ago, & have thought many times of moving back. I love the area, boating year round, oh, & did I mention the "HEAT"? ...Anywhere along the Gulf Coast is perfect, jobs are plentiful, & schools are good. Motocross is everywhere, just look at all the pro riders who live there, Stewart, Carmichael just to mention a few, Tim Ferry even lives behind my mom, & they ride year round. West coast is also a good place, my brother lives in the Orlando area & loves it. Pretty much anywhere you live, your less than an hour away from a boat slip, & isn't that why most folks live in FL?
Old 12-21-2006, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Russ G
I'm thinking of moving to Florida. I live in New Jersey now. I'm a blue collar guy. I have been an auto painter most of my life, now I'm a service adviser. My wife also works in a car dealer as a internet sales manager. We have 2 young children under 8 years old. I love boating and motocross. We like the burbs. With that said what would be a nice area to look at in Florida?

Thanks

Russ
Born & raised in FL, Tampa area, joined the military & left, My family still lives there. I retired 5 years ago, & have thought many times of moving back. I love the area, boating year round, oh, & did I mention the "HEAT"? ...Anywhere along the Gulf Coast is perfect, jobs are plentiful, & schools are good. Motocross is everywhere, just look at all the pro riders who live there, Stewart, Carmichael just to mention a few, Tim Ferry even lives behind my mom, & they ride year round. West coast is also a good place, my brother lives in the Orlando area & loves it. Pretty much anywhere you live, your less than an hour away from a boat slip, & isn't that why most folks live in FL? ....Oh, & did I mention the "HEAT"?....Good luck with your move
Old 12-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Registered

Ft. Myers / Cape Coral area is a phenomenal location to live. Water is everywhere, inland and offshore - it is a boaters paradise. The Cape Coral area is the STUFF!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like the fort lauderdale area. Plantation, FL seems like a real nice place but that is just me of course.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:53 AM
Registered

Sarasota
Old 12-21-2006, 07:54 AM
Registered

Bonita to Bradenton is where I have zeroed in on. Just got to sell here and I will never come back!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
I'm going down next week to look around from Palm Coast to Merritt Island.

Jersey sux and it's only getting worst - gotta get out while ya still can.
Wise move grasshopper!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, here's my take on where to live.....

Anywhere along the Gulf Coast. The east Coast will be nice but you'd be better on the West Coast. Stay away from Orlando. If you've ever tried to get from Toms River to Seaside in the summer you know what the traffic is like. It's that way here all the time. Takes me forever to get anyplace. Took me two hours to get home one night last week and I only drive 12 miles. No accidents, just rain, trains, and traffic.
As soon as I can sell my house I'm moving to the Tampa/Saint Petersburg area. I have got to get away from these tourists. I have a few other resons but I reserve those comments for another time.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Iggy
I have got to get away from these tourists. I have a few other resons but I reserve those comments for another time.
If you're in Kissimmee, I can guess what the other reasons are. I know what you mean with the traffic. We live in St. Cloud on the lake and I work in Altamonte. The drive sucks but it's worth it when I get home.

Central FL is great if you do smaller water boating or a combination of small & big. Plenty of lakes/rivers for sub 25' boats, but you're also 1-2 hours to either coast. Also, homeowners insurance is cheaper the further inland you go. The Florida real estate boom has pretty much flattened out and it's slowly becoming a buyers market. After the 2004 hurricane season a lot of people bailed and moved into the mountains.

As others have said the West Coast is beautiful, anywhere from Ft. Myers up through Tarpon Springs or so.

Last edited by ziemer; 12-21-2006 at 09:12 AM.

Quick Reply: moving to fla.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.