Florida Powerboat Club Videos On Youtube

Old 12-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Default Re: Florida Powerboat Club Videos On Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
I call BS if you tell me someone has pulled up next to you on a run and you didn't put the hammer down.
For me this happens on rare occaisions. When I don't race the other guy it tends to piss them off.....

I usually turn to who ever is sitting next to me, and yell... don't worry well pass them in a couple minutes when they blow a motor....

only kiddin around...
Old 12-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman
I disagree, completely. First of all where we boat are two different area's. It is your choice whether you want to, or mine whether I prefer NOT TO wear a jacket. It is no different than the different styles of boating we do are completely different. You have a set up made for poker runs, and Ive seen how you run with other boats in the pack. That's not my bag, mine wont touch 80 and we use it as a cruiser and do over night quite frequently. I'm there to have fun and will always know that 75% will always be faster, and half the time I don't even make all the card stops. Bottom line is I could care less who is faster, my point is we all have choices, and don't kid yourself, I saw what happened at the KW run, tell me how many jackets were HONESTLY on certain people's boats. Also tell me who was and wasn't drinking (even 1 beer)when they were expressly told not to until you get to your final destination. What about Sat. when everyone was at the island, no jackets and alot of drinking, as well as racing back. I'm not a hypocrite, but I will be one of the very few who wont be racing back especially if I had a beer, not worth it to me. Jeff

Jeff, I'm with you in this one.... If I ever make it down to Fl. for one of the poker runs I'll run my boat with you since we have similiar boating preferences!
Old 12-22-2006, 01:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 38 Top Gun T/S "Hot For Teacher"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman
I disagree, completely. First of all where we boat are two different area's. It is your choice whether you want to, or mine whether I prefer NOT TO wear a jacket. It is no different than the different styles of boating we do are completely different. You have a set up made for poker runs, and Ive seen how you run with other boats in the pack. That's not my bag, mine wont touch 80 and we use it as a cruiser and do over night quite frequently. I'm there to have fun and will always know that 75% will always be faster, and half the time I don't even make all the card stops. Bottom line is I could care less who is faster, my point is we all have choices, and don't kid yourself, I saw what happened at the KW run, tell me how many jackets were HONESTLY on certain people's boats. Also tell me who was and wasn't drinking (even 1 beer)when they were expressly told not to until you get to your final destination. What about Sat. when everyone was at the island, no jackets and alot of drinking, as well as racing back. I'm not a hypocrite, but I will be one of the very few who wont be racing back especially if I had a beer, not worth it to me. Jeff
Jeff,

You will always have those who won't follow rules and although I think they shouldn't be allowed to be involved in the poker run that is Stu's decision. There were a lot more people on the Key West PR wearing life jackets than ever before. It's a step in the right direction. This thread is not about whose boat is faster or anything like that but it is about poker runs in South Florida, not MS. I'm just saying if your going to do a FPC event be smart and wear a jacket. 70mph is still fast and anyone can have their equipment break and have a bad accident.

Last edited by Lucky Strike Jr; 12-22-2006 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Spelling Corrections
Old 12-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Registered

Life jackets are like seat belts and helmets, not necessarily cool but if you need them you will be happy you are wearing them!

I have done events with and without depending on water conditions. After this year's trajedies I think I will be wearing them more often, if not to save myself then atleast to make body recovery easier for the authorities.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
Jeff, I'm with you in this one.... If I ever make it down to Fl. for one of the poker runs I'll run my boat with you since we have similiar boating preferences!
sounds great, we are both more pleasure boaters than poker runners. I'll be at the Miami run, in the far, far right, pass my slow azz up lane
Old 12-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Jeff,

You will always have those who won't follow rules and although I think they shouldn't be allowed to be involved in the poker run that is Stu's decision. There were a lot more people on the Key West PR wearing life jackets than ever before. It's a step in the right direction. This thread is not about whose boat is faster or anything like that but it is about poker runs in South Florida, not MS. I'm just saying if your going to do a FPC event be smart and wear a jacket. 70mph is still fast and anyone can have their equipment break and have a bad accident.
It was stated at the drivers meeting, PFD's optional. Alcohol Prohibited. The majority started out with them on, but 75% had them off by Gilberts. Yes, drinking was better, meaning less of it. Bottom line I prefer not to wear one. If I ran my boat like you did, or like many on this board, (not that I have a problem with any of it, that's what the boats were purposely built for) yes I can see the need to wear a jacket. The difference is I don't, I'm alot more cautious than many when it comes to boating. I'm past that point, just my perogitive. I sold my fast boat (37 A.T.Radio Active..the beautiful lady in the thong on the sunpad in the first pic) I'm happy just to be on the water cruising along at 50-60mph relaxing, and enjoying the camaraderie with Friends. I do understand that some poker runs are mandatory and until such, those will be the one's that I wont be attending. We do keep them on the boat, and will obviously use them weather permitting. My point is I JUST WANT THE OPTION LEFT OPEN. Have a good holiday. Jeff
Old 12-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

Quote:
Jeff,

Make sure you have a helmet on when typing this stuff.........you don't want to fall off your soapbox and get a bump on your head!

You will most likely "put the hammer down" if someone pulls along side cuz you're.....19 years old? Try to be real world.....sometimes, the real world isn't always the safest thing!
Old 12-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 38 Top Gun T/S "Hot For Teacher"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Make sure you have a helmet on when typing this stuff.........you don't want to fall off your soapbox and get a bump on your head!

You will most likely "put the hammer down" if someone pulls along side cuz you're.....19 years old? Try to be real world.....sometimes, the real world isn't always the safest thing!
Poker runs are the real world and people "put the hammer down" during them. Is it the safest thing? No, but it happens.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

Quote:
Poker runs are the real world and people "put the hammer down" during them. Is it the safest thing? No, but it happens.

Sure some people put the hammer down. You called "BS" and in doing so, you implied that no one could show restraint against that and therefore we all must be required to wear life-jackets at all times while on plane.

The real world has all kinds of unsafe things! You'll figure that out eventually......you can't live life in a bubble forever!
Old 12-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Sure some people put the hammer down. You called "BS" and in doing so, you implied that no one could show restraint against that and therefore we all must be required to wear life-jackets at all times while on plane.

The real world has all kinds of unsafe things! You'll figure that out eventually......you can't live life in a bubble forever!

thats the Christmas Spirt............