Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What would you do? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147821-what-would-you-do.html)

bearpaw 12-25-2006 09:51 AM

What would you do?

1 Attachment(s)
If you had this out your back window?

SKRAMER 12-25-2006 10:31 AM

Re: What would you do?

How long has it been like that?

tblrklakemo 12-25-2006 10:33 AM

hard to see....is it a french flag? If so capture and burn along with effigy of Jacques Chirac while praising allah ;)

sakoutis3 12-25-2006 10:43 AM

Do it comando style. :eek: Swim the lagoon at night raid the dock and replace it with an American flag. :evilb: :evilb:

jawbreakerkid 12-25-2006 10:48 AM

to me, it looks like an American flag flying upside down..... :mad: he can't fly a flag if his boat is sitting on the bottom. do they make a cordless waterproof drill??? :D

tblrklakemo 12-25-2006 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
to me, it looks like an American flag flying upside down..... :mad: he can't fly a flag if his boat is sitting on the bottom. do they make a cordless waterproof drill??? :D

Oh yeah, thats what is. Take it for sure and right it, or just keep it....traitor.

Sydwayz 12-25-2006 11:00 AM

I've heard that Fiberglass Worms are TERRIBLE this time of year.

Isn't an upside down US Flag a universal sign of distress? Call it anonymously from a pay phone and make a fool out of them.

bearpaw 12-25-2006 11:05 AM

it's a sign of National defeat, and thats why i'm sick of looking at it.

and for those who were questioning, yes, it's an American flag up side-down

Jupiter Sunsation 12-25-2006 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by bearpaw
If you had this out your back window?

Is it on the boat or attached to a pole that has fallen down?

US1 Fountain 12-25-2006 11:16 AM

Have a Vetrans party in your back yd. They'll know how to take of it and you are not involved. :D

Or maybe the lady that hung it was blonde. So while leaning over to hang it, it was upright. :p

Wobble 12-25-2006 12:00 PM

it's a sign of National defeat, and thats why i'm sick of looking at it.

and for those who were questioning, yes, it's an American flag up side-down

Flying the Flag upside down is a distress signal, call the Coast Guard, they will set them straight

jeff32 12-25-2006 12:11 PM

I don't even see that flag!!!

rush 12-25-2006 12:35 PM

I had a guy in my marina"that I own" do that , right after 911, I just took it down and away and told him if he ever did it again "he was gone!! I still have it.

nocigarette 12-25-2006 12:37 PM

if it is within throwing distance, gas bomb it...Better yet go to the local pound and collect all the dog sheet put it in paper bags light it on fire and throw it all over the boat. When he runs out to tell ya to stop knock him unconscious and have your way anally with his wife...............sorry i am blocking let me really tell ya how a feel..............

packinair 12-25-2006 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Wobble
Flying the Flag upside down is a distress signal, call the Coast Guard, they will set them straight

yup, a boat that size floating down a canal with cut docklines flying a sign of distress.. wonder what the tow/impound on something like that would be

*this is just a question and in no way ment as a suggestion
http://www.buckknives.com/images/uploads/med_177SPX.jpg

10x 12-25-2006 07:45 PM

If you put them into a plastic bag, they'll work under water. :D

Coleman 12-25-2006 09:21 PM

Two words; SEA STRAINERS :D

t500hps 12-25-2006 09:48 PM

Can't say what you should do.....but I would do SOMETHING!!!. Cut the flag down, cut the boat loose, call the C.G. all sound good. Please pick something and DO IT!!!

Jigsaw89 12-25-2006 10:24 PM

I agree with t500hps... it's time to do something! Be smart & act quick.

Dan

P.S. Merry Christmas

Originally Posted by t500hps
Can't say what you should do.....but I would do SOMETHING!!!. Cut the flag down, cut the boat loose, call the C.G. all sound good. Please pick something and DO IT!!!

bearpaw 12-26-2006 05:57 AM

The flag has been removed at 5:00 this morning

Glad to hear that most of you feel the same way I do :mad:

Tom A. 12-26-2006 07:06 AM

Good Job! Sounds like it was done more diplomaticly than I would have done it! :drink: :p

dykstra 12-26-2006 11:05 AM

sink it!

dean51267 12-26-2006 02:09 PM

looks like a opportunity for a stealth commando raid, problem is, you have to make sure he knows WHY the commando raid was undertaken.....

now in a good old fashion B movie we would see the commandos swim the lagoon, board the boat in the middle of the night undetected, take the flag down from the banister, and fly it up right in the main cabin area with a few instructions on how to fly a flag spray painted on the inside of the cock pit area....

or maybe tied to the antenna as the drain plugs are pulled and sea strainers opened so that when the boat sank the only think left above water was the flag....

Sounds like a cool movie to me, I know a good camera man.......

Clay Washington 12-26-2006 02:21 PM

Chill out! Maybe the guy is just an idiot! If I have to guess, I would say that he is more stupid than evil. :p

Just knock on his door and tell him that there is something wrong with his boat. Then inform him that flag in upside down. Either he will fix it or not.

Airpacker 12-27-2006 06:44 AM

flip the flag right side up. Just don't disocnnnect it from the pole first.

Pantera1 12-27-2006 07:00 AM

The flag has been removed at 5:00 this morning

Glad to hear that most of you feel the same way I do :mad:

Just curious how this got worked out? Was he just out to lunch or is he a Catmando
:D

txriverrat2001 12-27-2006 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
flip the flag right side up. Just don't disocnnnect it from the pole first.

Damn good idea!!!!

LOL!!