Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Moving to St. Pete. need a rental home (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147973-moving-st-pete-need-rental-home.html)

cuda 12-28-2006 05:25 PM

Re: Moving to St. Pete. need a rental home

Originally Posted by Perfectmix (Post 1975491)
Looking in the n.e. region of St. Pete east of 275 around Gandy rd somewhere. The boat ramp isn't that important at this time I can figure that out down the road.

There are a lot of rental apartments in that area. My niece lives there. Just across the bridge on the Tampa side is a fine boat launch.

dirtlawyer 12-29-2006 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Perfectmix (Post 1975491)
Looking in the n.e. region of St. Pete east of 275 around Gandy rd somewhere. The boat ramp isn't that important at this time I can figure that out down the road.

The only downside to that area is there is not a lot to do - i.e. not a lot of night life - you will either end up going to downtown St. Pete or to South Tampa - either way, you'll be travelling on roads that are heavily patrolled... I would either looking closer to S. Tampa (which is only about 15 - 20 minutes drive to the Gandy/275 area) or in the near-North area of St. Pete. Gandy boat ramp referenced by Cuda above is a pretty decent launch point - it does get somewhat crowded on the weekends, but nothing crazy - a lot of fishing guys launch their 18 - 22 ft flats boats out of Gandy, so they are usually there early and leave by noon or so. Never heard of anyone having a 2 - 3 hour wait there... If you live near downtown, you can use the boat ramp at Demen's Landing near the pier - not the best and parking is difficult, but it is an option. As Cuda said, Ft. DeSoto is the Mac Daddy of all boat ramps with 14 - 16 ramps and enough parking for Snoop Dogg concert....

Good luck.

FeverMike 12-29-2006 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by dirtlawyer (Post 1976165)
The only downside to that area is there is not a lot to do - i.e. not a lot of night life -

He will be close to Gasoline Alley and New York New York on US 19 and then there is Whiskey Joes on the hwy 60 Cournty Cambell causway. Of course he can always just drive over the bridge to Dale Mabry to the wonderful clubs by the Bucs Stadium!:eek: :drink:

dirtlawyer 12-29-2006 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 1976286)
He will be close to Gasoline Alley and New York New York on US 19 and then there is Whiskey Joes on the hwy 60 Cournty Cambell causway. Of course he can always just drive over the bridge to Dale Mabry to the wonderful clubs by the Bucs Stadium!:eek: :drink:

I think Whiskey Joe's is closed!

Hey Mike - are you still doing the NYD fun run in Sarasota?

FeverMike 12-29-2006 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by dirtlawyer (Post 1976301)
I think Whiskey Joe's is closed!

Hey Mike - are you still doing the NYD fun run in Sarasota?

I was going to but I am just starting to get over bronchitis and still feel lousy. I think there is a chance of 50% rain and it looks like rough water too. I was going to do the run but will probably not unless the weather is perfect and I feel all better.

Are you doing the run?

dirtlawyer 12-29-2006 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 1976335)
Are you doing the run?

Probably not - we were going to do it, but with the rain chances at 50%, I don't want to trailer all the way down there and have bad weather for boating....

tommymonza 12-29-2006 11:50 AM

Forget the boatramp convenience.Move behind the Mon's Venus.

Perfectmix 12-29-2006 02:43 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I'm headed down on Monday the 1st. That should be a nice plane ride after the new years celebration. Happy New Year everyone :drink:

Perfectmix 12-29-2006 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by tommymonza (Post 1976439)
Forget the boatramp convenience.Move behind the Mon's Venus.

amen :D