Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody going to the olympics?? >

Anybody going to the olympics??

Notices

Anybody going to the olympics??

Old 02-08-2002, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anybody going to the olympics??

With boaters being the coolest people on the planet, that enjoy doing all the fun things life has to offer, I was wondering if any OSO members will be attending?? I've never been, personally, but it is definitely on my to do list.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We went to the summer Olympics in Atlanta; talk about a crowd.

One of the highlights of my life was watching the marithon(sp?). It went out roughly 13 miles, up one block and then back 13 miles. We have friends with friends who had an apartment 2 blocks from the 3rd and 23rd mile mark. We saw the runners at the 3, and these long distance runners were moving faster than I can sprint. It was amazing. Then we walked back for breakfast and then to the 23rd to see them again. The police came up and stopped the cross traffic like it was a parade, a few minutes later the winning runner showed up followed by a couple of others, and then the pack, and then a couple of stragglers. The croud yelled and cheered for all of them. They were still running as fast as they were at the 3. It was amazing. Then they were gone, but the police did not move. So we stuck around. About 10 minutes later (This is the cool part) a lone Olympian runner apears. He is so far behind the others he can't even see them. And the crowd erupts!!! They cheer louder for this guy who's comming in dead last, but won't quit, than they did for the winners. He had the heart of Olympic Gold, even if he did not have the body. I'm tearing up just thinking of it. That's what the Olympics is about.

My hat's off to all the Olympians; they have worked harder and sacraficed more than most of us will ever know.
jokerswild

I wish we were going. Although we did stay at the Canyons last year where all the major action is happening Go USA

Tee

Talking

I will be going to a Bobsled event. But then I live in the area so it is a bit easier.

Old 02-08-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

Talking

Yeah, I'm going. I'm going into my living room to watch them on TV.

Sean
Old 02-08-2002, 09:43 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Chart,
Cool story, thats what I was wanting to hear, story's like that will cheer up everyone that reads this
Old 02-08-2002, 09:47 AM
Registered

I wish we were going. My cousin, the one that carried the torch) lives in Park City and runs a resort there where a lot of the Olympians will be staying. Should be really cool!
Old 02-08-2002, 10:03 AM
Registered

Was on the road with the Olympic Torch relay (Chevy sponsorship) for a week, that was pretty cool
Old 02-08-2002, 12:30 PM
Registered

I go the the Olympics everynight!
Old 02-08-2002, 12:36 PM
Registered

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the TRI-athalon!!!

Quick Reply: Anybody going to the olympics??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.