Phoenix Trailers...feedback pl >

Phoenix Trailers...feedback pl

Notices

Phoenix Trailers...feedback pl

Old 12-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Trailers...feedback pl

Anyone familiar with them? Looking at a triple axle aluminum I-beam. Any thoughts/experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:10 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Re: Phoenix Trailers...feedback pl

I may be able to get you a good deal on a nice Aluminum Fastload. (You can look them up on the web) I've bought so many they've asked me to become a dealer........and note: I'm in Richmond too!

Russ C.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Registered

They are made up in northern michigan, the owner of the company used to be with eagle before eagle went under. chip started phoenix (i.e. rose from the ashes of eagle) before eagle made it back. he was building his trailers in TN? at first but now has his plant up and running up here. i have the first trailer he made out of the n. michigan plant under my 37 active thunder. they did not have any bottom specs on the thunder when my trailer was made so they had to do all the measurements, had a few issues with fit at first but they took care of it right away. this should not be a problem with the sunsation since i hear they are putting a lot of there trailers under sunsations now.

trailer pulls great, hardly know its back there.

built just like eagle was with some modifications, i would have another one built if i needed one.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Registered

wow, never mind just reread and see that you are looking at aluminum. mine is steel. i know sunsation use some nextrail aluminums under there boats. i had one of those and i would not get another, my current trailer pulls a whole lot better. do you know how the aluminum phoenix's are made? i am happy with my phoenix quality, but i would not want another bolt together aluminum trailer like the nextrail was.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:53 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Don't know anything about Phoenix trailers but you've made the correct choice with an I-beam aluminum trailer. You and I both know all too well the down side of steel trailers I couldn't be happier with my bolt-together South Florida Trailer, you'll be happy too
Old 12-30-2006, 08:41 AM
Registered

I am not trying to talk him into a steel trailer nut boy (god how i hate ohio state, isnt it time you bring back cooper?, beat the piss out of Florida though), i would look at welded aluminum over the bolt-on's. my nextrail pulled ok but nothing like my current trailer, i wanted a aluminum myco when i got my current trailer but could not swing the extra money (twice as much) at the time and i did not want to go back to bolt-on.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by yzbert
I am not trying to talk him into a steel trailer nut boy (god how i hate ohio state, isnt it time you bring back cooper?, beat the piss out of Florida though), i would look at welded aluminum over the bolt-on's. my nextrail pulled ok but nothing like my current trailer, i wanted a aluminum myco when i got my current trailer but could not swing the extra money (twice as much) at the time and i did not want to go back to bolt-on.
Not picking on your post, we just had a BAD experience with the steel Nordic trailer, a trailer made out of pasta would have been better!! Whatever aluminum type he winds up with will be FAR superior.

As far as Coop goes, no thanks...we're just fine with Tressel Even though you're probably a UM fan, I'm pulling hard to them over those fairy California lib *** type Trojans.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:30 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a dealer for Pheonix & Eagle trailers (however I dont sell many trailers).. Yes Chip was with Eagle before he started Pheonix.. The Phoenix trailers some times may take a little time to come in but they are worth the wait. I put one under my last boat 2006 22classic & was very happy with it.

Eagle is still here & thats what is under my new 06 26zx Donzi.. That also is a good trailer & you can tell they have similar designs..

The Eagle just happened to come with my new boat I didnt plan it out. Nothing against the Eagle, but I think the phoenix has a little more attention to detail.

The new eagle had plastic wheel hub covers ( I just bought ss ones to replace the cheap plastic ones that cracked already) Pheonix's were already ss.

The Eagle has regular lights, My Phoenix had all led's .. Other than that they are quite similar..

I am hapy with both lines overall & I am a dealer for both.. Althought the Phoenix in my opinion is a little better value for the $$.. We just happened to be able to sell both,.. Hey, different strokes for different folks..

Jamie / Lakeside..
Old 12-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Registered

Jamie...thanks for the input. How much of the Phoenix is bolt-on vs welded? It seems their aluminum i-beams are somewhat new....Sunsation is currently using them under their Dominators (you replied to my 'new boat' post ) and I am trying to determine if this will be a solid trailer for me or I need to look at using another vendor. I do trailer quite a bit and want something reliable and that will take care of my new bottom

Steve - check your email!
Old 12-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by On The Heat
Jamie...thanks for the input. How much of the Phoenix is bolt-on vs welded? It seems their aluminum i-beams are somewhat new....Sunsation is currently using them under their Dominators (you replied to my 'new boat' post ) and I am trying to determine if this will be a solid trailer for me or I need to look at using another vendor. I do trailer quite a bit and want something reliable and that will take care of my new bottom

Steve - check your email!
The steel one I had under my 06 classic was all welded, except for the winch stand. I have yet to sell one of their aluminum trailers so I am not 100% sure. Although I belive it is all welded center pieces that are bolted to the wishbone.

Below are a few pics of the aluminum trailers that Chip had sent us in the past from Pheonix.. Jamie
Attached Thumbnails Phoenix Trailers...feedback pl-1.jpg   Phoenix Trailers...feedback pl-2.jpg   Phoenix Trailers...feedback pl-3.jpg