Corsa baffled tips vs straight tips

Notices

Corsa baffled tips vs straight tips

Old 01-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Corsa baffled tips vs straight tips

The tips alone are not going to make it a requirement to reflash the ecm.. The stock systems are a little fat anyway.. He should still be fine in just adding the tips, unless he is also doing something else that is not being mentioned here.. Jamie
Old 01-02-2007, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tips are the only "mod" to the engine for right now. Perhaps after I get comfortable with the boat, & have a need for more speed....if ya know what I mean... ....I really appreciate all the input on this matter.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friendly Fyi.. The corsa tips are about 50$ more for the pair, but they do have a lifetime warranty on the internal flappers.. Jamie
Old 01-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Registered

Replacing exhaust tips is not a worthy performance upgrade. If you think you will go faster or gain RPM you are waisting your time. I did this on my 454 mag when I had my smaller boat and did not notice any difference. They do sound a lot meaner though! I got mine from Jim Browning at Corsa perf. Same thing- no internal baffles with external flappers. They do make the boat louder. Less restrictive? Maybe. Performance gains were not noticeable. They are not that much $ so go for it they sound cool.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by runafever
Replacing exhaust tips is not a worthy performance upgrade. If you think you will go faster or gain RPM you are waisting your time. I did this on my 454 mag when I had my smaller boat and did not notice any difference. They do sound a lot meaner though! I got mine from Jim Browning at Corsa perf. Same thing- no internal baffles with external flappers. They do make the boat louder. Less restrictive? Maybe. Performance gains were not noticeable. They are not that much $ so go for it they sound cool.
I did pretty much figure little to no gain in performance, but the Corsa's are stained & really show their age, so replacement was necessary ...I was just really suprised to see the fixed baffle in them, & it just looked to be quite restrictive....oh yeah, & the sound was a bit "muffled"....LOL...Fortunately, I boat in areas where there are no laws concerning the "noise"...."YET", & there really are not a lot of performance boats in this area (lots of fishing here) So, I should be good for at least the next few boating seasons....