Like Tree0Likes

ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Reply
Old 01-02-2007, 09:24 PM
  #31
Driver-441
Racer
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Posts: 11,350
Default Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Ur Sick
TeamSaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:27 PM
  #32
Registered
 
wrinkleface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Michigan
My Boats: NT 477!! Ilmors Baby!!!
Posts: 8,022
Default Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy goldberg View Post
You should see some of the people that attend the show if you want to talk about filthy.I can remember drunks missing the mens room door and knocking my booth down,2 "FRIENDS" getting into a brawl and knocking over most of the plants in a dealers booth,and my favorite of all was some lowlife using the head in a SUNSEEKER on display at the show.
Sy, next time set up by the womens privy!!!!
wrinkleface is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
  #33
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
blownincome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Epping N.H.
My Boats: 2003 35 Executioner
Posts: 1,645
Default Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippem View Post
bunk! it's about the boats! where's the money at? what are you there to sell?

inexcusable. any dealer I know moves the display boats in and gets them detailed right off knowing that the serious show goer/buyer often is an early bird looking to avoid the crowds.
You can set up easels, literature tables, put down runners and such at your convenience after the hard set-up work is done and the product shows it's best.

The holiday bit is a poor excuse that wouldn't dare fly in the face of a successful business
What did you do For Xmas?
blownincome is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:13 PM
  #34
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toms River NJ
My Boats: 2004 Grady Whire 258
Posts: 12
Default Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
Trenton Marine just got Fountain Back when Coty lost it so I was probably not their boat.But I agree the should have been spotless
When did Coty loose Fountain ?

We were looking at the 31 Center Console Coty had on Fischer Blvd this summer but they were way high on price and wouldn't take any trades.

Coty still had Fountains at their Fischer Blvd lot a week or so ago.
binmack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:26 PM
  #35
Registered
 
masher44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,076
Default Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy goldberg View Post
You should see some of the people that attend the show if you want to talk about filthy.I can remember drunks missing the mens room door and knocking my booth down,2 "FRIENDS" getting into a brawl and knocking over most of the plants in a dealers booth,and my favorite of all was some lowlife using the head in a SUNSEEKER on display at the show.
Dry Docking a Sunseeker...... nice at least the plants were watered
masher44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:27 PM
  #36
Registered
 
Expensive Date's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: West Creek NJ
My Boats: 05 35 Fountain EX
Posts: 4,220
Default Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by binmack View Post
When did Coty loose Fountain ?

We were looking at the 31 Center Console Coty had on Fischer Blvd this summer but they were way high on price and wouldn't take any trades.

Coty still had Fountains at their Fischer Blvd lot a week or so ago.
They are all 06s I'm told that they are no longer a Fountain dealer Don't know the exact reason but if you go into Fountains website and type in Toms Rivers zip code Trenton Marine comes up.I went into Cody before I bought my 292 they blew me off.Probably because I had my 10 year old triplets with me and he did not think I was serious.Call Trenton or Chicago fountain You will get a much better price any way

Last edited by Expensive Date; 01-02-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Expensive Date is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:40 PM
  #37
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toms River NJ
My Boats: 2004 Grady Whire 258
Posts: 12
Default Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
They are all 06s I'm told that they are no longer a Fountain dealer Don't know the exact reason but if you go into Fountains website and type in Toms Rivers zip code Trenton Marine comes up.I went into Cody before I bought my 292 they blew me off.Probably because I had my 10 year old triplets with me and he did not think I was serious.Call Trenton or Chicago fountain You will get a much better price any way

Thanks for the info

I really wasn't happy with Coty either even though they are right around the corner from me. I believe Trenton Marine is much better but I don't trailer my boats and service would be a big concern.
binmack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:44 PM
  #38
Registered
 
Expensive Date's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: West Creek NJ
My Boats: 05 35 Fountain EX
Posts: 4,220
Default Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by binmack View Post
Thanks for the info

I really wasn't happy with Coty either even though they are right around the corner from me. I believe Trenton Marine is much better but I don't trailer my boats and service would be a big concern.
Trenton Marine does have a road guy that comes down the shore about once a week for minor stuff.
Expensive Date is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:44 PM
  #39
Racer
Racer
 
louietherigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: L.I. N.Y. Boca Fla.
My Boats: Fountains,Mainship,Predator.Mako OPA 2007 class 2 ,2011 S.V. ,2013SVLNational Champions
Posts: 2,126
Default Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy goldberg View Post
You should see some of the people that attend the show if you want to talk about filthy.I can remember drunks missing the mens room door and knocking my booth down,2 "FRIENDS" getting into a brawl and knocking over most of the plants in a dealers booth,and my favorite of all was some lowlife using the head in a SUNSEEKER on display at the show.
Sy I'm sorry about the sunseeker I couldnt hold it, and I did use biodegradable paper. And about the fight I asked my friend 3 x's to get me the freakin paper.
louietherigger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:59 PM
  #40
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member
 
bojoe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: NEW JERSEY
Posts: 3,177
Default Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by binmack View Post
When did Coty loose Fountain ?

We were looking at the 31 Center Console Coty had on Fischer Blvd this summer but they were way high on price and wouldn't take any trades.

Coty still had Fountains at their Fischer Blvd lot a week or so ago.

make him any offer he is stuck with 3 mill in invetory and not a fountain dealer anymore
bojoe2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
JasonSmith
Baja
8
08-12-2008 09:20 PM
TSPM
General Boating Discussion
0
02-26-2008 07:17 AM
Expensive Date
General Boating Discussion
1
01-07-2007 12:37 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.