Like Tree0Likes

ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Old 01-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Boatless in Htown
Default Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

I went to the NYC show today and the Fountains looked half way clean. The interior in the 38 was pretty stained in places. Sales people were ok. The 35 they had was the best finished Fountain I have ever seen. That is not saying much compared to a Cig, AT, NT or OL but not bad for Reggie in MY OPINION. The sales people at the Fountain booth were nice and thankfully to me. There product knowledge is not as good as some but wasn’t terrible. The 39 MTI is awesome even though the bottom needed some gel coat work. That is going on my wish list once I feel comfortable self insuring. The 39 Gun gets "Best in Show" even though I wasn’t crazy about the paint job, the boat was finished better than any other boat there.

Just my .02...

Last edited by crb76; 01-04-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Registered

My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace

maybe reggie heard about it hear and called the dealer
Old 01-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Registered

What are the hours of the show Friday and Saturday? The website for the show is down.

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:26 AM

My Boats: Shanghied! 2004 Donzi 33 ZX

Honestly there is NO EXCUSE, I had three booths to set up between Donzi, Baja and Angler I hired the best to detail my boats, vac the floors and keep up on the boats . I have learned one thing in life and presentation is number 1 how you represent your product is a reflection on yourself. Yes Christmas is painful time for set up but a job still has to be done. I depend on a guy like Joe W from Hurricane Force detailing to get me through and he always comes through with flying colors. I know boat shows are not cheap but if your paying big dollars to be in a show make sure your boats are showroom ready. Its only smart buisness and personal pride to show yourself that you are the best you can be. If I had a salesman that ever made a remark to a customer about buying a dirty boat is no extra cost, he would be looking for another job real fast! To everyone that said that Typhoon Performance is a class act (THANK YOU) Its very much appreciated, we try our best. If you are in NY for the boat show please stop by Donzi or Baja and say hello. I promise I won't tru to sell you anything haha.. I just love talking boating...
Old 01-05-2007, 02:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 2003 cig tg

i went back to the show on wed aft and the fountains were indeed "cleaned somewhat better " compared to new years day! also not one sales person approched myself or my buddies. OBVIOUSLY some power of this site and the word must have got out...... my main point i made was how dirty the boats were period. scumbag sales people kinda just goes with the ART of selling anything, i guess. but another JOKE i saw at the show was a "baha" fishing boat . please somebody go to the boat and ask to see the engine HOLY COW IS IT FILTY.....wow!!!! you have to see it to believe it!!! i do not know what model it was sorry, but what a joke also DO NOT confuse this with the baja performance line
Old 01-05-2007, 06:53 AM
Registered

My Boats: Sold the Cig

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownincome View Post
remember most of the guys in all the Booths at the show were setting up for the show between Xmas and newyears instead of spending that time with there families..I would Guess due to the Timeing of this show there was limited personal aval .I would probobly say by today things look alot better on the show floor for all the dealers there.IMO I would look beond the detailing Job For the first few days at any show!

Bad excuse

I did chicago boat show many years
one year they opened up the day after New Years so I was setting up and making sure the boat was perfect

we had towed it through a snow and Ice storm (Black Thunder) and you cant use hoses and water at the show so we spent a day and a half cleaning and polishing before the show

The fact that it was new years day had nothing to do with it
I could not even think of selingl the boat unless it stood tall
I got enough questions i did'nt need to hear "How come its so dirty"
Old 01-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Registered

My Boats: 54' Searay, 31' Rinker, 12' AB Inflatible CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhutch View Post
I am thinking about flying to NY Friday to check out the show would it be worth while for me to do this or will I be disappointed? I will be looking at the new 35 fountain and if it is dirty or the salesmen aren't professional that could be a deal breaker for me. Is there plenty to see at this show?
Ask for Jen Mlnor. She is a dealer and also works with me on my club ....LGPBA

Bob
Old 01-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Sold the Cafe' and boatless for now.....

Anyone have any pics from the show for those of us that couldn't make it?
Old 01-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2003 35 Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme View Post
Bad excuse

I did chicago boat show many years
one year they opened up the day after New Years so I was setting up and making sure the boat was perfect

we had towed it through a snow and Ice storm (Black Thunder) and you cant use hoses and water at the show so we spent a day and a half cleaning and polishing before the show

The fact that it was new years day had nothing to do with it
I could not even think of selingl the boat unless it stood tall
I got enough questions i did'nt need to hear "How come its so dirty"
Not a excuse more of a possible explanation ..
This topic has run its course (Move On)
life is not all about the boats at a show its more about the product its self and our families and the time we spend with them on our boats! and I stand by my explanation It was a Holiday week and people have to travel to and from NY to get the job done! From What I could see from pics of the Show looked pretty good to me! Sounds Like you had a taste of the Show Curcuit in the past Setting up 1 boat is bad try 8 or 10 My hats off to all the people who Work any show Boat ,RV or whatever It can be thankless time spent (Looks like thats what this thread is all about !)

Last edited by blownincome; 01-05-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:41 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

My Boats: 99 KV TOP GUN

Where's the pics?

Plus if the sales guys are *****s B4 they get your money, imagine them when you really need their support? Too many good dealers out there willing to bend over backwards for you to waste your time dealing with *****s.

Just use the head and move on.