Like Tree0Likes

Skater V Running at SOTW

Reply
Old 01-03-2007, 08:05 PM
  #11
Registered
 
GARBAGEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 979
Default Re: Skater V Running at SOTW

Hot ride !!!
GARBAGEMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:09 PM
  #12
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: st. louis,mo.
Posts: 1,647
Default Re: Skater V Running at SOTW

awesome boat, just dont understand why the 39v is'nt selling, is it because the price is too high, is it more than a ol39gtx or 39cig?
Buddy OO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:40 PM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: LOTO Performance Boat Center
My Boats: Fixing yours
Posts: 3,897
Default Re: Skater V Running at SOTW

Nice looking ride!
Magic Medicine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:17 PM
  #14
Registered
 
hammer01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NORTHERN ILLINOIS
My Boats: SOLD!!!
Posts: 1,008
Default Re: Skater V Running at SOTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggler4490 View Post
awesome boat, just dont understand why the 39v is'nt selling, is it because the price is too high, is it more than a ol39gtx or 39cig?
wiggler, i priced one in general terms over the phone with the internal sales guy from douglas marine about 2 or 3 years ago and it was not out of line. they could not at that time decide what direction they wanted to go with it though, cuddy, no cuddy, sit-down, etc. i think they were trying to let the market take them to the end product rather than taking the market to their ideas. this was just the impression i got in my conversation on the phone. they were very open to my ideas of options and more than willing to accomodate, i did not pull the trigger on it then though because i did not know how the market would respond.
hammer01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:20 AM
  #15
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Paducah KY KY Lake
My Boats: 39 Lip-Ship Cigarette 700 Zuls
Posts: 3,811
Default Re: Skater V Running at SOTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer01 View Post
wiggler, i priced one in general terms over the phone with the internal sales guy from douglas marine about 2 or 3 years ago and it was not out of line. they could not at that time decide what direction they wanted to go with it though, cuddy, no cuddy, sit-down, etc. i think they were trying to let the market take them to the end product rather than taking the market to their ideas. this was just the impression i got in my conversation on the phone. they were very open to my ideas of options and more than willing to accomodate, i did not pull the trigger on it then though because i did not know how the market would respond.
I tried to call them today to get a price, no answer..
customryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:25 AM
  #16
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser
 
Rik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: California
Posts: 2,740
Default Re: Skater V Running at SOTW

They are not that outrageous.

List on the V starts at $314K and discounts down from there.
Rik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:56 AM
  #17
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 121
Default Re: Skater V Running at SOTW

I am a total Fountain guy but I will give the kudos on that boat. Runs flat on the water and looks smooth. Job well done with the Skater team. This is going to be the best year ever for race fans!!! Fountain, OL and Skater are going to be crazy commpetitors this year. Sit back and enjoy the battles!!!! You know the smack talk will be flying this season!!!
fountainracing42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:17 AM
  #18
Registered
 
Nauti Kitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Western Michigan
My Boats: 16 Donzi 41 Saber 27 Magnum 35 Chris Craft Commander
Posts: 1,885
Default Re: Skater V Running at SOTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApachePete View Post
Lift those tabs a click or two.

Pete
Happy holidays. I had the chance to play around and test this boat last year and you would not believe how flat it runs. Nothing like an Apache. That was probably no tab right there. 131 with 1075's and 6's. In calm water it was amazingly fast. NK
Nauti Kitty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:51 AM
  #19
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,203
Default Re: Skater V Running at SOTW

Wish we could hear the engines and not that g*y music.
ActiveFun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:11 AM
  #20
Registered
 
hammer01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NORTHERN ILLINOIS
My Boats: SOLD!!!
Posts: 1,008
Default Re: Skater V Running at SOTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty View Post
Pete
Happy holidays. I had the chance to play around and test this boat last year and you would not believe how flat it runs. Nothing like an Apache. That was probably no tab right there. 131 with 1075's and 6's. In calm water it was amazingly fast. NK
NK, I was shocked in the vid at how straight that boat would fly, even when the wave temperment threw it different directions, it must have been awesome to drive, guess i better go to the next step and test with checkbook in hand. Has anyone heard of any performance numbers, or has there even been any with 525's, 600's, 700's or 850's? 1075's are awesome but more than i need(i did not say want). hammer
hammer01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
thisistank
General Boating Discussion
49
04-05-2009 12:36 PM
boatme
General Boating Discussion
3
01-04-2007 02:10 PM
Semper Fi
General Boating Discussion
68
12-13-2005 11:29 AM
ospreyproduction
Skater
5
01-31-2005 09:03 AM
The Menace
Ocean Express
30
05-21-2004 05:56 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.