Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   anybody know Belleville/Sandbanks ontario area? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/148675-anybody-know-belleville-sandbanks-ontario-area.html)

jeff32 01-07-2007 04:23 PM

anybody know Belleville/Sandbanks ontario area?

Girlfriend talking about this area for vacation. Is there a place you know I could dock the boat and a place to stay waterfront?

Thanks.

jeff32 01-08-2007 05:31 PM

Re: anybody know Belleville/Sandbanks ontario area?

if nobody knows this place, then I guess I have to choose another place.

pullmytrigger 01-08-2007 09:59 PM

Belleville has a nice government dock.......used to go there every year for "Belleville water fest" its in June.......it was a weekend of bands and partying etc......and the govt' docks were party central.......it was a blast......Ive heard in the last few years they havnt been bringing the bigger bands.....just local talent.....theres a quite a bit of boating to be done around there.....you can go to Trenton (10min from Belleville) and head up the Trent all the way to Georgian Bay if you want!!.......never been to Sandbanks by boat though.......ever been to Kingston??........better boating area there

jeff32 01-08-2007 10:05 PM

Yeah... I've been to Kingston twice for the 1000 island Poker Run. Reeeeealy nice BUT! Not a single beach for my 3 young daughters! Just rocks, rocks, and again rocks! That is why I'm trying to find a place close to sandbanks! But I'll keep in mind your Belleville's gov. docks for sure!

The other solution I hope to find are nice sand beach on lake champlain. But I have not ran enough there to know for sure where they are, if there are any... But I certainly wish, it is much closer to my home, less driving than Belleville...

Rippem 01-08-2007 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by jeff32 (Post 1987203)
Yeah... I've been to Kingston twice for the 1000 island Poker Run. Reeeeealy nice BUT! Not a single beach for my 3 young daughters!

10 minute boat ride from K-Town out around to the end of Wolfe Island and into Big Sandy Bay. The biggest beach in the entire 1000 Islands. It's absolutely gorgeous...but not on a day with stiff WSW winds. The entire bay is sand bottom.

pullmytrigger 01-09-2007 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rippem (Post 1987291)
10 minute boat ride from K-Town out around to the end of Wolfe Island and into Big Sandy Bay. The biggest beach in the entire 1000 Islands. It's absolutely gorgeous...but not on a day with stiff WSW winds. The entire bay is sand bottom.

was reading Jeffs post and was going to suggest that beach.......followed a guy there once......it was beautiful