Notices

New Orleans again

Old 01-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Orleans again

Ok so here it is again , Marti Gras is soon going to be here and my company is sending me down to assist with the clean up. Our company does the sweeping after the parades (mainly Jefferson Parish) and I was hoping that in some of my free time I might be able to link up with some OSO'ers or at least be guided to some boaters bars on lake Ponchatrain. I should have my Harley with me so I can get around. I'm told we are staying off the Causeway at I think the Sun suites, across from the mall in Jeff. Parish.

Thanks Brian
Elgin sweeper services
Old 01-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Orleans again

Originally Posted by StraightJacket
Ok so here it is again , Marti Gras is soon going to be here and my company is sending me down to assist with the clean up. Our company does the sweeping after the parades (mainly Jefferson Parish) and I was hoping that in some of my free time I might be able to link up with some OSO'ers or at least be guided to some boaters bars on lake Ponchatrain. I should have my Harley with me so I can get around. I'm told we are staying off the Causeway at I think the Sun suites, across from the mall in Jeff. Parish.

Thanks Brian
Elgin sweeper services
Are you going down in a big rig?
Old 01-09-2007, 02:15 PM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Brian there are no more boater bars left after KATRINA on the southshore (jefferson) the good thing there is plenty other bars to go to .
Old 01-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Registered

There are no bars left on the lakefront. Everything is gone. Be careful in the Quarter!
Old 01-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Registered

Mardi Gras is in mid February this year, so I probably won't have the boat with me (too cold for us Southerners). Even if I did, we usually stick to the French Quarter during Mardi Gras.

The above info is correct -- no lakefront bars left on the N.O. side of the lake. Don't let that deter you, though. Ride across the causeway to Mandeville or Covington or even up I-55 to Springfield. All of those have bars on the water and you can look at boats. I, however, will be looking at TITTIES.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rjcardinal
There are no bars left on the lakefront. Everything is gone. Be careful in the Quarter!
Gloom and doom. I haven't had any trouble, and my apt is dead center in the middle of the French Quarter. Just treat it like any big city -- be aware of your surroundings, use common sense, and if your gut says don't do something, don't do it.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I guess there's not enough unemployed in NO that could use a job pushing a broom for a few days. Instead they have to bring you down from Chicago??? Sometimes I just don't understand government thinking.

Nothing against you or your company but couldn't they get an army of sweepers for what they are paying you?

Is it me????
Old 01-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw the nice mayor on TV just tonight talking about the killings so far this year.

Yes Ron I agree, arm the same hands that were extended out for a free check with a free broom
Old 01-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Registered

I'm driving down in a service truck that looks like a wonder bread truck on steroids, thats why I'm bringing my bike. So i can get around a little easier.
As for giving the locals jobs I agree completely. They do pay my company well for this trip ,we will have 12 pieces of equiptment down there this year. I get a little bonus for going nut I spend alot of time on the clock , weather I'm wrenching or not.
Sucks that the bars are still wiped out along the lake I was hoping to stay away from all the crowds. I did find ther strip clubs last year though, that were not on Borbon.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:20 AM
skater brother
Platinum Member

they do have some good strip clubs thats not on borbon the best is visions , but on borbon ricks they have agood lunch buffet