Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
$'s for labor to reupholstry cockpit?? >

$'s for labor to reupholstry cockpit??

Notices

$'s for labor to reupholstry cockpit??

Old 01-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $'s for labor to reupholstry cockpit??

Need a reasonable idea of what it should cost for labor to reupholster double bolster, 2 side panels, rear bench and sun pad, all the materials i'm supplying, thanks
Old 01-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Registered

Default Re: $'s for labor to reupholstry cockpit??

I had mine done by the amish they did it all I removed everything they did 2 bolsters side panels rear bench and sundeck added stripes and I only had 750.00 in it but it was on a nova spyder
Old 01-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if $750 is the real ballpark maybe i'll stop my doit yourself cockpit project right now and let the pros do the work - Jeff
Old 01-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Registered

Mine was customized so my price would not really help you. But just to give you a heads up the wood in the seats had to be redone along with new foam. And I though they were in great shape. They had no rips or tears they were just ugly. Hopefully yours will be ok.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2700.00 and I took all of it to them.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Registered

I paid 50 dollars and hour and I supplidthe material, here in lauderdale. They do a great job and do alot of work on some of the mega yachts here. I pay extra for the new foam they use.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Registered

figure at least 2k. It all depends on how complex the interior is. You may be looking at 40-60 hours of labor.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Registered

Since you are bringing the meat to the butcher I'd be sure to charge a little more than my hourly rate. If you are removing and re installing the pieces though you might get a better deal. Realistically the sunpad alone could run you 1000 , I think the guys here are in line with the 2k to 2700 plus depending on the complexity if the stiching and patterns. I just did a small boat , 2 buckets , rear bench , sunpads , and some misc trim. Had 45 hours in labor and the customer brought me all the pieces and re-did the rotted wood himself. Did my 29 scarab over this fall , had about the same time in that and didn't do the hatch/sunpad. Bolsters had a LOT of stitching! Wood was all rotted under the rear bench. Think I had like 200 in marine ply. At 750 you won't get what you want I wouldn't think.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Banned

I think I paid about $400 for the sundeck, I brought the cut piece of starboard to him. He supplied the foam and vinyl.

I paid about $375 for the rear seat, I had the the whole rear seat built, just took it to him for upholstery, and the embroidery.
Attached Thumbnails $'s for labor to reupholstry cockpit??-11-11-004-small-.jpg   $'s for labor to reupholstry cockpit??-11-11-005-small-.jpg  
Old 01-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Steve_H

im paying 6k to make this look like this. the whole cabin is getting new skins also including headliner. dash will be repainted along with new gauges. im paying for the gauges and sunpad cig logo but the rest is covered in the price. probably overpaying.
Attached Thumbnails $'s for labor to reupholstry cockpit??-oldskins.jpg   $'s for labor to reupholstry cockpit??-sullyscafe.jpg  

Quick Reply: $'s for labor to reupholstry cockpit??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.