Donzi 35 ZR vs Formula Fastech 353... >

Donzi 35 ZR vs Formula Fastech 353...

Notices

Donzi 35 ZR vs Formula Fastech 353...

Old 01-12-2007, 04:16 PM
SDH
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Donzi 35 ZR vs Formula Fastech 353...

Thanks for all the reply's, I’ll be boating on the Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis, MD. Water is glass one minute and 2 foot chop ½ hour later.

From what I have been told the Formula will give a more forgiving, soft ride on the Bay but the Donzi is easier to drive and more responsive in it’s handling. With this being a new class of boat that I will be driving (used to the family 27ft runabout) a safe, solid ride is what I am looking for in a well built performance boat. Thoughts?
Old 01-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDH
Thanks for all the reply's, I’ll be boating on the Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis, MD. Water is glass one minute and 2 foot chop ½ hour later.

From what I have been told the Formula will give a more forgiving, soft ride on the Bay but the Donzi is easier to drive and more responsive in it’s handling. With this being a new class of boat that I will be driving (used to the family 27ft runabout) a safe, solid ride is what I am looking for in a well built performance boat. Thoughts?
If you are looking for a solid riding hull, the ride in the 33 AT is unparalleled. And if safety is an issue, you won't find a deeper cockpit either. The hull tracks perfectly in all conditions and I've run in glass and 6 to 8's. The best aspect of their hull design is that it shines in the rough water.

In my opinion, you're comparing apples to oranges with Donzi and Formula. You've got a much closer comparison when you compare Donzi to Active Thunder.

As the owner of the 1st 33 AT produced, I can provide you with much more detail on this boat. PM me for more details.

Steve
Old 01-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

keep in mind the re sale on both those boats....i havent been in either but id also look at a hustler 34 cheetah with 496 ho's runs close to 85 and in 5 to 6 footers it a breeze great rough water boat
Old 01-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SDH
Thanks for all the reply's, I’ll be boating on the Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis, MD.
I would pick the Donzi for better performance. Formula builds a great boat too but is significantly slower.

2 Great Donzi dealers to work with:
Offshore Performance - Grasonville MD
Typhoon Performance - Toms River NJ
Old 01-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would choose the Donzi. Ask anyone who was on the Luekimia Poker Run on the Bay in 2006 and they can tell you how well a Donzi ZR runs in very rough water as well as how the boat looked in its handling. Never gets crazy, never gets squirrely and if it does come out of the water it never gets the bow way up in the air so you cant see. Flys true and flat.

John S.

It was gett'n ugly..
Attached Thumbnails Donzi 35 ZR vs Formula Fastech 353...-lukimia-poker-run-017.jpg  
Old 01-13-2007, 08:18 AM

SDH: The big question is were do you do your boating when selecting a boat. If you boat in Maryland/Virgina Offshore Performance is your dealer. If you boat in Delaware North to Ny then we are the dealer for you. like I said to you before the Donzi 35 ZR is an awesome boat and not a sit down boat she is a stand up boat with a great ride. The Formula is a good boat but has more creature comforts 8'3" beam
The Donzi 35 ZR is built for speed 8'6" Beam Kevelar setup
You will not go wrong with the 35ZR even the resale is much better because there are no pre owned out there. Donzi has come along way and for a 35ft boat with stock 496/Ho to run 82mph GPS you know they are doing something right.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Registered

I would sea trial the boats you're interested in and get a feel for them in simular conditions. Also don't forget that you're going to have to get your boat serviced too. You need to pick the boat and dealership you feel comfortable with. Trust me, there's nothing worse than plunking down a wad of money and then second guessing yourself.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Donzi hands down!
Old 01-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The only thing I did not like about the Donzi is the cabin... it is very low and more of a cuddy, as you can not sit on the lounges without hitting the ceiling.

Both great boats!
Old 01-14-2007, 05:23 PM
SDH
Registered

Seems like a landslide for the Donzi.

So other than lack of headroom no complaints or concerns about the Donzi from the experienced boaters? No durability or equipment concerns?

Quick Reply: Donzi 35 ZR vs Formula Fastech 353...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.