Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bottom Wax / Protectant (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/149043-bottom-wax-protectant.html)

JBoat 01-12-2007 08:26 AM

Bottom Wax / Protectant

What is eveyone using as a wax or hull portectant. Looking for something that has a good uv guard and will also perform well at keep water scum and stains away. Any recomendations ?

baywatch 01-12-2007 09:41 AM

Re: Bottom Wax / Protectant

I most recently used waxing frenzy from hammerhead boat works and I would say that it is better than average.

However, come spring I think am going to get myself some of the Leverage product that is often talked about on here. I will put that on before putting the boat on it's hoist for the summer and see how it holds up.

Tantrum 01-12-2007 10:22 AM

Liquid Thunder ;)

JBoat 01-12-2007 12:38 PM

Interesting ..

I have searched online for both Leverage and Liquid Thunder comming up blank on both .. any other options ?

marineclean 01-12-2007 12:54 PM

Check the Fiberglass/Paint section. :D

baywatch 01-12-2007 01:22 PM

If you want to fastest speed you should blueprint and sand your hull. For me, I'd rather loose a 1/2 Mph and have a nice shiny surface that is easy to keep clean (the rough surface cuts down on surface tension. It is sort of like if you go down hill skiing in the spring when it is slushy and you don't structure the base of the skis with a rough brush after waxing, you will get this suction sensation that slows you down).

Yeah, there is a thread about the leverage product in the Fiberglass/paint section. That reminds me I need to call donnie and order some.

JBoat 01-12-2007 01:57 PM

No im not worried about a .5 mph. I just want to keep the boat looking its best .

JBoat 01-12-2007 03:35 PM

Yeah . I just read that thread in the fiberglass/paint secition. I can still only find one on these products market – Race glase –which may be the shortest life product of all the discussed. It seem all of these are not performing up to what people would hope. And I have not idea from what people have tried they are the happiest with, and after reading that whole thing I dare not ask a question on that post…

marineclean 01-12-2007 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBoat (Post 1991411)
Yeah . I just read that thread in the fiberglass/paint secition. I can still only find one on these products market – Race glase –which may be the shortest life product of all the discussed. It seem all of these are not performing up to what people would hope. And I have not idea from what people have tried they are the happiest with, and after reading that whole thing I dare not ask a question on that post…

Jason, I have tried to call you back after you PMed me this morning. If you a reading the 'Boat wax one coat per year' thread, then you have found the right one. The thread contains all sorts of chemicals that work and don't work. It also explains about my website and gives my distributor's phone number if you are interested. Many people have posted on the 'boat wax' thread and received helpful info.

Good too talk with you Jason. Call (866) 921- 4553 and get on the list. Have a good weekend!

Strip Poker 388 01-12-2007 04:54 PM

I dont think wax on the bottom will last but a couple trips running thru the water . I would think the abrasion of running in the water washes off the wax real quick.