Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident >

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Notices

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Old 02-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

Originally Posted by cbeastwood
Everyone give Nate a huge hand for 'volunteering' to be next year's Chairman! Way to go Nate!

On another note - greetings from the land of -1 degrees and -25 wind chill. Three vehicles and I'm high and dry - #1, diesel has turned to gel and won't start, #2, blew the diesel injectors and is being flatbedded to the dealer as I write this, #3, battery is dead in the Merc, and I can't get to it because the trunk's frozen shut.

If this isn't a sign that I should pack it in and move down there with you guys, I don't know what is !!!!!!!!!!!
Craig,
That truly is a sign..................and I was complaining about it being in the 60's and raining today!!!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

Bob,
If you would like to sell the other Donzi poster, I'll buy that one as well(it will n=make a great gift). I'll send you another check for it and the DVD. You should receive my funds today for the other items. Ken
Old 02-07-2007, 11:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by kenvik01
Bob,
If you would like to sell the other Donzi poster, I'll buy that one as well(it will n=make a great gift). I'll send you another check for it and the DVD. You should receive my funds today for the other items. Ken
Thanks Ken. Done deal. I will let Donzi know.
Bob
Old 02-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Registered

Bob,

Were they able to figure out what was wrong with your starboard engine?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Bob,

Were they able to figure out what was wrong with your starboard engine?

Blown head gasket. They were able to get it cleaned up, flushed and re started and is now in the hands of Ron Potter in Sarasota. Ron is going to let me know if it is just a matter of replacing the head gasket or if it is time to re build.
We will see.
Bob
Old 02-07-2007, 05:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Well done Bob. Well done. You and the rest of the FMO crew really need to stand up and take a bow. Bravo.
Thanks Sean. I was on the front line, and received much of the glory, but I have to tell you, without all the help of my friends here at FMO and others on OSO it would not have been the huge success it turned out to be. They were the real soldiers and my thanks to them.
Bob
Old 02-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Blown head gasket. They were able to get it cleaned up, flushed and re started and is now in the hands of Ron Potter in Sarasota. Ron is going to let me know if it is just a matter of replacing the head gasket or if it is time to re build.
We will see.
Bob
Bob, Hope you get good news on that. But if not, misery loves company. We will be pulling both of ours on Friday. Knowing our typical project times we will be down for at least 2 months as there were quite few other items on the list that we were hoping to at least get through the summer before tackling. I guess the up side is we are hoping to throw some headers on while she is down if the budget holds

John
Old 02-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear about that, guys.

John, how many hours are on your engines? You've got the 502's, right?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear about that, guys.

John, how many hours are on your engines? You've got the 502's, right?
Yes they are 502s We had just over 400 on them but we knew we had a bit of a ticking time bomb with the starboard engine. Previous owner may have starved it at some point. We had planned from the get go to rebuild after the summer. But now we have something to occupy our free time in the spring. As I figured we should have been able to expect 500-600 hrs before refresh but oh well. Should be a fun project as we are planning to go through the entire engine compartment bringing everything as up to date as the budget will allow.
We had done the same with our 272 with great results. That is what allowed us to step to the 38. We will just keep stepping up until finally we get to the Nor-Tech

BTW That injector problem you spoke of earlier. that is not on the new CXT is it?

John
Old 02-07-2007, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Specialized
Bob, Hope you get good news on that. But if not, misery loves company. We will be pulling both of ours on Friday. Knowing our typical project times we will be down for at least 2 months as there were quite few other items on the list that we were hoping to at least get through the summer before tackling. I guess the up side is we are hoping to throw some headers on while she is down if the budget holds

John
John, I assure you, you will not be stuck for a ride until you are up and running again. You and the fam are welcome to join me anytime. You are a credit to FMO.
Bob

Quick Reply: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.