Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident >

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Notices

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Old 01-15-2007, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

Originally Posted by Cig42X
Bob,

My donation is an official NY YANKEE 1999 WORLD SERIES shirt with the world series patch on the right shoulder.

It is signed by Mariano Rivera the best relief pitcher ever.

Of course the Yankees won the series in 4 games, with Mariano closing out game 1,3, and 4.

It is in a wood and glass case with the Yankee emblem engraved in the glass, and of course comes with the official hologram.

To me it is priceless, but not for this cause.

John
Thanks again John, I will add the info to your item in the auction list.
Bob
Old 01-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

Great work Bob,
I'm flying down Wednesday . Just for a weekend I would like to stop by and offer a little something for Jennifer .
I will pin you when I get in .
Old 01-15-2007, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
Bob -

You are the BEST !
FYI, my wife will be donating 2 pairs of the giant XT Towles to be raffled off. Each of the 2 raffle winners will get either their names or their boat names embroidered on the towels as part of the prize.

Also, some of the local restaurants on Marco will be donating gift certificates also to be raflled off at the lunch stop.

In addition, Marc will donate an hour sightseeing trip around the Marco/Naples area on his plane, for 2 passengers.
More to come......

Hans
Great Hans,
You have been doing so much since we launched this project. I will post Marc's offer of sightseeing plane ride now.
Also people should know that Hans is our liason with the radio, print and television media. With his help we are going to get a lot of coverage which will result in addition funds being donated by the public when they come to view the boats in Naples.
Again, thank you for your hard work,
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-17-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1bagger
Great work Bob,
I'm flying down Wednesday . Just for a weekend I would like to stop by and offer a little something for Jennifer .
I will pin you when I get in .
Great, and thank you. I will look forward to hearing from you when you get settled in.
Bob
Old 01-15-2007, 09:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by captnate
Snook Inn Is donating gift certificate for dinners also.
Thanks once again, Nate.
Nate has been working hard often behind the scenes using all his great connections in Naples to open doors for us. Nate is in final discussions with Bayfront where we are hoping to have our lunchstop. It will be an awsome destination. We will post pics when things are finalized shortly.
Good work, Nate
Bob
Old 01-15-2007, 09:32 PM
chief fever
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, where doe's the run start,I'am on the Gordon River my donation's in the mail,How about a little respect!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by chief fever
Bob,check in the mail tomorrow,count me in,God Bless Us All, for we are the fortunate.Ray_aka Chief Fever.
Ray, Glad to hear you can make the run. Was counting on you. Just hang onto your check for now. We will be collecting from all of the participating boats at the run. Our plan is to have the Marco and Naples boats run north to meet the main group of boats at the Sanibel Bridge before heading back south to Naples. It will be the same as our New Years Day Run where Marco boats left at 10:00 AM and picked up the Naples boats at Gordon Pass at 10:15 AM on the way by. We will be at the Sanibel Bridge by 10:45 in time for an 11AM start back south to Naples. There will be 3 groups of boats going south. 3 separate starts and different lanes. Lots of water. This type of detail will get posted in the Ft Myers Offshore Forum in the next day or so. I have been a bit overwhelmed by all of this but we will get there.
Thanks, Ray,
Bob
Old 01-15-2007, 10:35 PM
chief fever
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,thank's for the reply,check is still in the mail,My Love for speed is only second to my love for my wife,I've been 200mph in a 1/4 mile car, but i love the water so doe's my wife the first time she hit 95mph she didn't even know it,I've been 97.6 low boost 93 octane,now high boost high octane(110)100-102?will post + result's,

Last edited by chief fever; 01-15-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by chief fever
Bob,thank's for the reply,check is still in the mail,My Love for speed is only second to my love for my wife,I've been 200mph in a 1/4 mile car, but i love the water so doe's my wife the first time she hit 95mph she didn't even know it,I've been 97.6 low boost 93 octane,now high boost high octane(110)100-102?will post + result's,

That is cool. You mention speed etc. so maybe this is a good time for me to mention for the benefit of all boats planning on attending that the speeds on this run will be strictly controlled.
We must remember why we are getting together. Safety is our number one priority on this and any future runs that I will be involved with. There will be 3 classes based on the boats comfortable cruising speed. There will be pace boat for boats that will cruise 45 - 50 MPH max. Another pace boat will lead the boats that cruise at 60 - 65 MPH and then the " Big Dogs" that regularly cruise at speeds at over 70 MPH will have their pace boat. The pace boats will determine a safe speed and all boats will stay behind their pace boat for the full length of the run. This will not be a day where we will be seeing triple digit speeds by design. Also life jackets will be mandatory when on plane, safety teathers must be hooked up and working. Their will be no alcohol consumed by any of the participants on this run. The eyes of the media and the public will be watching us closely and besides that - it's just not safe.
There will be thread that I will start in the next couple of days with this and a lot of additional information for participants over in our Ft Myers Offshore section of Boat Club Forums.Thank you,
Bob
Old 01-16-2007, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Here's a map showing the route of the run with some detail of Naples Bay and the docks at Bayfront and the Cabana. Distances and waypoints are approximate.
Attached Thumbnails Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident-map-17.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.