Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident >

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Notices

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Old 01-16-2007, 01:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

Originally Posted by jayboat
Here's a map showing the route of the run with some detail of Naples Bay and the docks at Bayfront and the Cabana. Distances and waypoints are approximate.
Thanks Jay, great work and very helpful. Picture worth a thousand words. Maybe I need more pictures ! LOL
Bob
Old 01-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

Bob,
It would be great to have someone with a video camera on the end of the Naple Pier catch the three groups as they go by. If you don't have a pace boat for the 60-65 group, i can do it.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi John, I think Bob is running that group and Terry S is heading up the fast group,I confirmed Bayfront today now working on the food and docking should be fine,going to have to raft on the long dock but looks good, call me when you get time. Thanks for your help, Nate
Old 01-16-2007, 08:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by NaplesBaja
Bob,
It would be great to have someone with a video camera on the end of the Naple Pier catch the three groups as they go by. If you don't have a pace boat for the 60-65 group, i can do it.
Great suggestion John. That should be easy enough to do. We could easy go by there in single file. Do you know the distance boats must stay off the pier? I know there is a sign but never got close enuff to read it. Any ideas who would volunteer to take the pics? Ideally a [semi] professional with a tripod. Stills and video would be great. Jay will be overhead.
Bob
Old 01-16-2007, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by captnate
Hi John, I think Bob is running that group and Terry S is heading up the fast group,I confirmed Bayfront today now working on the food and docking should be fine,going to have to raft on the long dock but looks good, call me when you get time. Thanks for your help, Nate
That is great to have Bayfront for our lunchstop Nate. What a great venue. I will post a pic once I find it.
Yes, as it stands right now I was planning on being the paceboat for 60 - 65 MPH group and Terry Sobo in his 36' Nor Tech cat will lead the " Big Dogs".
Bob
Old 01-16-2007, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have been on the phone much of the day and have 3 more great looking Nor Techs comming. Tom Camisa in his 50' Vee Rip Tide, John Mateleano in his 43' Vee Jammin, and Larry Jones in his 50' Vee Masquerade.

Also Larry has offered to auction off 4 seats in Marquerade for the Benefit Run for Jennifer on Feb. 3rd. Minimum bid of $500.00 per pair of seats. Thank you kindly.
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident-p1010456_001.jpg  
Old 01-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered

Hey Bob,
Just got back to town and heard about the tragedy. I think it is awesome to see the effort that all of you at FMO are putting into this Fun Run to benefit this young girl who has lost everything. I wish I could participate in the Run, but I will be back in Texas. I am submitting a donation as my way of participating this time. I hope to be home for the next Fun Run.
God Bless All Of You.
Terry
Old 01-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

Bob,

I mentioned maybe J Bird could sell his shots from the plane,like I said we all buy pics on our other runs and I dont see any more important than this. This was posted under General Discussion.

I also think stills and any other pics would be a great idea for everyone. The pier would be a great spot too.

Any other help I can do let me know.

Also spoke to Randy from Cobra Power and he is going to make a donation towards our fund raiser.

John & Michelle
Old 01-16-2007, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pashn8boater
Hey Bob,
Just got back to town and heard about the tragedy. I think it is awesome to see the effort that all of you at FMO are putting into this Fun Run to benefit this young girl who has lost everything. I wish I could participate in the Run, but I will be back in Texas. I am submitting a donation as my way of participating this time. I hope to be home for the next Fun Run.
God Bless All Of You.
Terry
Thanks for your pledge, Terry. We know you would be here if you could. Think not just of us that day but of young Jennifer. And yes we will look forward to a future run with you. Again, thank you.
Bob
Old 01-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered

Bob,
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. I am home until the 24th and have some free time to help with what ever you need. You can reach me at 239-464-9273.
Thanks Bob,
Terry

Quick Reply: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.