Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident >

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Notices

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Old 01-15-2007, 03:16 PM
cloke

Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

BOB
Watch the mail for my envelope

Alec

Old 01-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

Richie good to have you with us, and Thank you for your donation I was there when you had the accident and glad to have a legend like yourself onboard, if you won't to come run with us we will have a seat for you.

Thanks again
Nate
Old 01-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Snook Inn Is donating gift certificate for dinners also.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Dear Bob: Thank God for people like yourself. This incident is very close to my heart, as when I had the accident with Tom Gentry in 1994 in Key West and he susequently passed away after being in a coma for 1 and 1/2 years. I almost lost my life through being trapped and drowning, I saw and felt the calm come over me, then thought of my wife and daughter who is now 15, and it gave me the will to hold out and collect myself. I love my daughter more than words could ever say, she is so special. My families heart goes out to Jennifer, and I pray that all the people who have more than they need will open their hearts and help this girl, she will have this accident in her head forever, as I have from mine, so everyone please help, this tradgedy is to much for her alone. HELP!!!!!!!!. I am sending a check for $200.00 today, and if there is anything else I can do to help, let me know. 7XCHAMP Richie
Thank you Richie,

I was watching the race from the Pier House when Tom's boat went over. That was the one of the most sad days in my life. We are so glad you survived it and for your valuable contribution to offshore racing and performance boating.
Tom was a true gentleman and very approchable. One in our group bumped into him at the hotel the day before and he spent a half hour talking to my friend Alan. He and yourself have inspired me over the years and we are encouraged by your support. It will mean a lot to the family.
Thank you again,
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-15-2007 at 08:37 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-15-2007, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dgduck13
Count Me in. We will have four of us total in my boat. Let's hope for good weather this time!

Don

Great Don. Glad you can make it. Hey, we had good weather. We went to where the sun always shines - Marco. LOL It turned out to be a great day. We always have a plan " B " as we will for this one as well. Trust me.
Bob
Old 01-15-2007, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jayboat

I'll be happy to donate a boat lettering job ($500 value) to the auction.

This is gonna be fun!

Jay
Jay , thank you kindly. I will get it posted shortly now. Nice talking to you today and thank you for again offering to be the " Official" FMO photographer for this event. Jay will be overhead in FMO/ OSO Marcs plane taking ariel photos.
Bob
Old 01-15-2007, 08:49 PM
chief fever
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,check in the mail tomorrow,count me in,God Bless Us All, for we are the fortunate.Ray_aka Chief Fever.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by florida gator
How close is Marco / this run to Charlotte Harbour?

fg, not sure I understand. This run starts at the Sanibel Bridge and runs south in the Gulf for 30 miles to Gordon Pass [ Naples ] then up Naples bay about 4 miles to Bayfront which is close to the downtown Naples area. We will be posting maps to help shortly.
Hope that helps,
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-17-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Specialized
Hey Bob,
If you haven't already got us on the list make sure to count us in. Also I would like to raise the bid on the 2 seats on Predator for Sarasota to 600.00. Look forward to the run.

John
John, not to worry. You have been on the list since our meeting at the Cabana on Friday. Also thank for offering to be pace boat for the 45 - 50 MPH boats. There will be 3 groups and 3 separate starts but more on that later.
I will update the auction list now and you are the lead bidder for Sarasota Poker Run. Good luck,
Bob
Old 01-15-2007, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by cloke
BOB
Watch the mail for my envelope

Alec
Thank you Alec. You are a generous man. I have admired your donations and fund raising using your offshore boats as well. The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, ON has benefitted greatly from your support. Now you are helping a young girl in Florida.
Thank you and see you soon I hope,
Bob

Quick Reply: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.