Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Uh duh can I spell now? Atlanta Boat Show (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/149186-uh-duh-can-i-spell-now-atlanta-boat-show.html)

THEJOKER 01-13-2007 11:55 PM

Uh duh can I spell now? Atlanta Boat Show

Reggie himself was there trying to sell everybody in the building a boat , including me! Love him or not he's there taking care of business! I got the chance to talk to Reggie and David knight about ORL and my 6 year old even got his autograph. They had a nice 42 w/ big power and 6's and other boats there. They were all spotless too!:D

99fever27 01-14-2007 12:19 AM

Re: Uh duh can I spell now? Atlanta Boat Show

Thats good to hear.. maybe we should start a thread on how clean the Fountains were at the Atlanta show? :drink:

Magicfloat 01-14-2007 02:11 PM

Hey,Brian,this may be a dumb question but I was at the show Sat and saw the 42. It had NXT1 transom assemblies but #6 drives. What's up with that? Problems with NXT1 drives or just something Fountain does?

THEJOKER 01-14-2007 02:50 PM

Robert:

Hey I didn't even notice , things I can't afford I usually don't look at them to hard. I just walked around the back of the 42 and then saw "The King"! There mut be a good reason though. Too bad we didn't hook up. Oh man after the show we went to the Monster Truck racing thing. What a trip. 60 thousand people in the dome , show was pretty cool. Now if The Falcons could pack em in like that!

OL40SVX 01-14-2007 05:06 PM

Fountain wont run the NXT drives on their boats. They took back all the ones built with them and put on sixes, since you can bolt the sixes on to the NXT assembelies. Outerlimits is doing the same with their 39. I think it has to do with low water pressure.

FeverMike 01-14-2007 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 1993239)
Fountain wont run the NXT drives on their boats. They took back all the ones built with them and put on sixes, since you can bolt the sixes on to the NXT assembelies. Outerlimits is doing the same with their 39. I think it has to do with low water pressure.

Yep, NXT is not working out with fast step bottoms so manufactures are having to go with the #6 with big power. I'd rather have it that way anyway.

Magicfloat 01-14-2007 06:00 PM

So I assume it is a cost upgrade?

kickin32 01-14-2007 06:53 PM

The #6 replaced the nxt drive because they were having alot of problems with them

AIR TIME 01-14-2007 07:02 PM

shape of the lower unit I heard, they should have kept the shape the same as a #6

johnlomant 01-14-2007 08:17 PM

They said that the shape of the drive was to flat on the front causing unsafe conditions with the boat. They are paying $4000 more per drive to swapp them out. This is what i was told at the show by Fountain rep