Notices

Best anchor to use on 28'

Old 01-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best anchor to use on 28'

I'm looking to get a new anchor for my 28' Powerquest. What do you recommend. Danforth? Plow? Actually I'm looking for everything for this boat, anchor and rope, mooring lines, fenders (not sure what diameter to get). I stepped up from a 21' boat and all the stuff is gonna be too small. Sorry if this a dumb thread, I'm still a newbie to bigger boats.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Re: Best anchor to use on 28'

www.myrope.com is where I bought personalized lines from.

Top Knot is an OSO sponsor at http://www.mooringlines.com/

I bought all of my fenders and covers from either www.overtons.com and/or www.boatersworld.com

I'd recommend 4 - 6.5" diameter fenders and 2 - 8.5-10" diameter fenders. It may seem like overkill, but others will find you friendly and prepared to tie up to (I won't tie up to someone with shoddy fenders, as they won't protect my boat; unless I have enough fenders to cover both sides of my boat.) Slip on fender covers are preferred by most as they protect against scratches as long as you keep them clean.

Box Anchor: http://www.slideanchor.com/box.asp
Best anchor you will EVER buy. It looks unconventional to folks with no experience, but it really works GREAT. No chain needed, it sets immediately, and it folds for easier storage. If it pulls loose, and/or flips over, it sets itself again. Small would probably work fine for you, but I like overkill so I'd go with the Large, which also gives you room to upgrade to a bigger boat.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Box Anchor: http://www.slideanchor.com/box.asp
Best anchor you will EVER buy. It looks unconventional to folks with no experience, but it really works GREAT. No chain needed, it sets immediately, and it folds for easier storage. If it pulls loose, and/or flips over, it sets itself again. Small would probably work fine for you, but I like overkill so I'd go with the Large, which also gives you room to upgrade to a bigger boat.
Agreed...look no further than the Box Anchor...period. I GAVE my Danforth anchor away after using this one. Do a search on the Box Anchor and you'll find nothing but good. I recommend a small, it'll work fine. I have a buddy with a Pantera and the small works great with it.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered

ex-wives or business partners with 20' of 1/2 chain around em hold pretty good too
Old 01-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Registered

We had great results with the HYDRO BUBBLE ANCHORS.....we are dealer and have sold several of these. They really work great and are very lightweight and dis assemble for easy storage.

Link ----> HYDRO-BUBBLE
Old 01-14-2007, 12:48 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Gets 6 8.5" or 10" bumpers. You will want three per side so you dont have to worry about some other guys wimpy little ones.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Registered

The slide anchor is the next one that I will buy. Have heard all good.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

in my opinion its not as much the size of the boat as what lies under the water for an anchor to work
in lake cumberland its hard at times for anything to work because its mostly rock
Old 01-14-2007, 03:14 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Most weekends at tablerock I manuver the boat inbetween two submerged trees that break the surface by a couple feet, and then tie the front and the back to seperate trees...all depends on the lake depth. Dont have to worry about wind, coming unstuck, or much anything else. I would love to have a huge pontoon boat already anchored to tie up with.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Two words: Box Anchor.
Five more words: Last anchor you'll ever buy.
Final word: Period.

Quick Reply: Best anchor to use on 28'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.