Notices

Bad Ice Storm

Old 01-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bad Ice Storm

Originally Posted by jeff32
1998...36 days without power here in quebec... in january... I know how you guys feel like... Believe me you'll be working!
I was in Toronto for that winter 98' storm. Just came back from Orlando the day before it. That was not fun.......

Last Sunday my area was hit with 135 mph winds so my house just had power restored yesterday.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are getting our 3rd round of ice at this moment here at LOTO. Power is out in a few areas as 2 local radio stations have been off the air.
Attached Thumbnails Bad Ice Storm-ice-1-14-07.jpg  
Old 01-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

This whole thing sucks!

Any of you guys remember my truck boo boo from hitting the pole last spring? I posted pics in the Truck and trailer forum.

Now get this crap. Going to inlaws house this afternoon in Kansas, Ok. Taking them some stuff they need since they were down. Took the old road instead of turnpike like I always do. Big mistake! Tree fell across the road and blocked it. Myself and several other guys cleared it out with a chainsaw and some ropes and chains...no big deal. While we were doing that trees were falling all around us in the forest like crazy. Another one fell up the road from us about 100 yds or so. Didn't block the road completely, only one lane. After we got the tree cleared I got in my truck and let all the traffic go by my while warning them about the other tree up ahead. I took off after they went by. While going around the tree another tree fell out of nowhere and came through my #@%$^&%$ windshield! Caved in part of my cab and ripped off my passenger side mirror. Unreal!!!!

Guess I'm without a truck again for about a month or so.

I'm sitting here typing this listening to trees fall in the distance. This is some freaky stuff. There wasn't this much damage from the Tornado that hit us this last spring.

Buck
Old 01-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck183
This whole thing sucks!

Any of you guys remember my truck boo boo from hitting the pole last spring? I posted pics in the Truck and trailer forum.

Now get this crap. Going to inlaws house this afternoon in Kansas, Ok. Taking them some stuff they need since they were down. Took the old road instead of turnpike like I always do. Big mistake! Tree fell across the road and blocked it. Myself and several other guys cleared it out with a chainsaw and some ropes and chains...no big deal. While we were doing that trees were falling all around us in the forest like crazy. Another one fell up the road from us about 100 yds or so. Didn't block the road completely, only one lane. After we got the tree cleared I got in my truck and let all the traffic go by my while warning them about the other tree up ahead. I took off after they went by. While going around the tree another tree fell out of nowhere and came through my #@%$^&%$ windshield! Caved in part of my cab and ripped off my passenger side mirror. Unreal!!!!

Guess I'm without a truck again for about a month or so.

I'm sitting here typing this listening to trees fall in the distance. This is some freaky stuff. There wasn't this much damage from the Tornado that hit us this last spring.

Buck

Damn Buck, I hate to hear. Hope everyone is ok.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

getting the front end of that weather here in NNY now, as of this morning. We have had a couple of devastating ice storms in the last 10 years here.

No worries, lots of fuel oil, kerosene, two kerosuns, freshly tuned-up generator, lotsa food staples on hand, and 5 extra bedrooms to take in stranded hotties.

and I don't have to be at the hospital again 'till Thurs. night.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Registered

If you can believe it... It's now in Austin!
Old 01-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by marineclean
Damn Buck, I hate to hear. Hope everyone is ok.
Know one was hurt. Had my wife and girls with me at the time. It was quite a scare, but all is well.

Thank you,

Buck
Old 01-15-2007, 09:11 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buck183
Know one was hurt. Had my wife and girls with me at the time. It was quite a scare, but all is well.

Thank you,

Buck

Wow Buck, glad you were able to post that story.

Chainsaw was a great idea, I had all the basic survival stuff (snack food, drinks, first aid, extra clothing+ chains and extra lights). Next time I go into a winter storm area I will be sure to carry a chainsaw and gas
Old 01-15-2007, 09:13 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Wobble, I too am in Tulsa for the Chili Bowl. Flight to Jersey is supposed to leave tomorrow @ 4:3opm, rescheduled from this morning. I am amazed that they just leave the roads unsalted and unplowed! (I was told by several people they only have 4 plow trucks for the whole city!) They just say oh well and shut everything down! Different world than the Northeast!
It sure is, didn't seem to bother the locals much though

15000 people show up for a race in the middle of a winter storm, that's racers for you
Old 01-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Registered

IMHO weather patterns have been more radical lately.. A generator went in my garage 3-4 years ago and has been used twice so far.

Quick Reply: Bad Ice Storm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.