Texas Conection???????????? >

Texas Conection????????????

Notices

Texas Conection????????????

Old 01-24-2002, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Dang...all this talk about Texas is making me homesick. We used to live in Houston from 1994-1997. Best years ever!!! I hate the cold white North, and I grew up here. Have friends who boat with T.O.P.P.S down on Lake Conroe. They live there on the lake. Look them up sometime...George and Fay McMurry. They run a 26? foot Velocity named ALL Talk.
Old 01-24-2002, 08:59 PM
Registered

hey guys ,if you get something going give me a shout,i am in Beaumont 90 miles east of Houston,i ready for some action,Mark
Old 01-24-2002, 09:04 PM
FA18Driver

Talking

Hey Mark, I am trying to get something going, any help you can give would be great. We need to all get together soon I just got in from the Cape and man what the hell happened? when I left it was 72 this morning now 53????

Old 01-24-2002, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys...Down here in Austin Texas. I go to the Lake Travis Powerboat Association Poker Runs along with the Annual Baja Poker Run. Im looking to expand out this year and I would be willing to meet up somewhere in Texas to get together!

OutlawBayB---Which Poker Runs did you come to last year? Ive got a 27' Baja "Danger Zone".

Jason
Old 01-25-2002, 03:44 PM
E Z TERMS

Well F#ck!!!!!!!!!!

All the TOPPS stuff disappeared from the boat club section - Along with the whole section , I might add.........

I guess I can put it in the poker run stuff....

Any suggestions........

NOTE : kickoff mtg for clearlake TOPPS is weekend of FEB 2-3

More to follow......

EZ

Old 01-25-2002, 04:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

EZ TERMS

Don't be whining on a friday!!!!

Just post it again!!!!!
Old 01-25-2002, 08:46 PM
Registered

give me afew days notice i can round up some boats and people!keep me posted FA18,im ready to hit the water,bet those guys up north are still busting ICE off their windshield,and i think 45 is cold
Old 01-26-2002, 02:44 PM
OutlawBayB

Wink

Thanks Catmando-it's a great site2B on.

BajaRunner, we haven't "participated" in any runs as of yet. Just got the boat in Nov (xmas/bday gift)for hubby.

For the past 3 years we were cruisin' the lakes (Travis & Conroe) with our 19'Larson & buddies w/ski roundabouts & cruisers. We were dreaming then about a BAJA. Now we got one.....never knew y all the gatherings. ...till we were informed Poker Runs!!

We hope to participate in a few this year. I do know that MarineMax hosts a few in Conroe/Clear Lake. And that there's 1 or 2 in Lake Travis (hosted by ?). Hope to see all the texans unite at a lake sometime for some fun in the sun!

Old 01-26-2002, 03:03 PM
bdnw8450

Wish I was back at travis. used to live in lago vista, great if your retired and like to boat and golf, sucks if you have to work in town. 29 scarab, how's the view at sewell park these days? my wife and I went to swtsu before ut, 1982.

Old 01-26-2002, 03:30 PM
OutlawBayB

Hey Is-7,
The views still good. Still greenish/clear water. They've got some new little tube shoots down the river-they're ok. But the kids like em-the guys, too (seeing all the bikini bottoms ride/topps off)
Was at Canyon Lake, late Sept-still pretty clean. I still think Travis' water visibility is the clearest, but difficult finding a launch site that wasn't full capacity. We had to drive around for about an hour till we found one that we could launch from -ridiculous! I'll see if I can find the pix from Labor Day (travis).