Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

My sponsor loves this thread as well,
Preparation H with minor backing from Vagisil
Old 02-02-2002, 10:12 AM
Registered

MrOffshore

A talk with your insurance agent is never a bad idea with respect to personal idemnity policies.

John Crouse is no longer posting on this Board. It seems to me then he is "gone." That is the fact, the reasons can be only speculated, but i believe me thoughts are correct. Time will tell.

Steve can speak for himself, but in case he doesn't choose to...

Steve's email described as "ruthless" was a personal email to Ron Hill. What is said in a personal email, rightly or wrongly, is personal. We all say things privately that we would not say on a public forum. It appeared Steve was trying to make strong points to Ron by giving him factual examples. Ron, in his wisdon, went public with it including to Benny R. Benny put it on this Board. That is clear if you read the threads.

What is said privately is never libel or slander by definition. Publishing it may or may not be depending on the reasons for making the information public. There really is not much more one can say.

The fact is that this thread should die and in retrospect, i wish i had not said anything on the topic. I think John's approach was "bad form" and that subsequently some posts got worse. It is always sad that people don't sit down and try to iron out differences before starting WWIII but i understand that was tried. Now lawyers and the "court" of public opinion will judge. Neither party will stand as tall in some people's minds...that is the tragedy of libel. The words never can be completely taken back.

Ted
Old 02-02-2002, 12:22 PM
Ron Hill

What do you mean, Ron's WISDOM?" I forwarded my emails to BoD of APBA that email mail me....I also forwarded my emials to John Crouse, who I happen to respect and to whom I've known since about 1966....

I can bet you, that an APBA BoD members forwarded Steve M.'s email to Benny Robertson, Three Time APBA HALL OF CHAMPIONS Inductee...., not John Crouse....Anyone wishing copies of my emails to BoD memebers or copies of any email re APBA contact me a [email protected].

At my shop, when the toilet is broken, I fix it.... I don't blame the toilet for being broken.

I'm as much of an OFFSHORE EXPERT as the next....I know quite a bit about props too. You put them on your boat and you race the fastest ones....You don't race a RON HILL PROP because RON HILL made it, you race a Ron Hill IF IT IS FAST.

Right now, I see oppotunity for choice in Offshore Racing, the market will decide who is "FASTEST", not lawyers...In my 47 years of membership in APBA, I personally saved APBA from at least three law suits.

If you read what I had said, I said I wished John and Michael would go and have a few beers and work out their differences....

Last add: Bob Leach is President of POPBRA. Bob is the greatest person I've ever known in the marine business...and I've known most of them... On the POPBRA WEB SITE he mentioned that for 2002 each boats (Race Boat) needs to have/bring a patrol boat to the races... For those of you out there is OSO LAND, who live on the west coast (California)....that don't race, but would like to be "PART OF SOMETHING", PLEASE consider volunteering your time and boat to patrol at POPBRA races. POPBRA still has some of the GREATEST PARTIES in the world... Call Bob Leach or email him... ALL CLUBS can use members who donate their time...and it could be fun...

Old 02-04-2002, 06:51 PM
Registered

Yes Ron you do know most if not all the Drivers as well as the ones that have died. Of all the years I have known Ron he does speak his mind. I haven't ever known him to lie! For a racer to be 6'4" and race in everything from hydros to OPC and offshore and have built a lot of good props , including some of mine , Ron has accomplished more than most on this OSO board could imagine.
So with all that has been said about who did what to whom, all will come out with the findings of the legal suit between the two .
As for Mike, Steve and APBA Offshore
THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:41 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Ron didn't actually race in an outboard hydro. It was more like a guy wearing a wooden kneepad with a motor on the back going verrrrry fast over the water. He went so fast and won so many races because at 6'4" and 2?? lbs, when he slowed down .....he sank.

Necessity is the mother of invention...and competition....

T2x