Traveling to Palm Beach Gardens >

Traveling to Palm Beach Gardens

Notices

Traveling to Palm Beach Gardens

Old 01-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traveling to Palm Beach Gardens

My wife and I will be spending an upcoming weekend in PB Gardens, FL. Anything (boating related or not) a must see/do? Good places to eat?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 01-18-2007, 01:38 PM
DJD
Registered

Default Re: Traveling to Palm Beach Gardens

West Palm Beach has Clematis Street. Bars, restaurants & clubs. A good place to stroll around, have dinner & drinks.

Sailfish Marina is a great spot for lunch or dinner. It's right next to the Lake Worth Inlet. The water is beautiful & peanut Island is about 100 yards away. You can take a ferry over to see JFK's bunker, very cool. Weekends are busy with LOTS of boat traffic at the marina.
Waterway Cafe is on the ICW & is lots of fun too. I think Sunday is reggae night.
You will have to ask locals for driving directions to all above mentioned.
Your wife probably won't mind if you go for a quick drink at Rachael's. It's right off I-95 at the 45th St. exit. Nice place $$$
Old 01-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJD
West Palm Beach has Clematis Street. Bars, restaurants & clubs. A good place to stroll around, have dinner & drinks.

Sailfish Marina is a great spot for lunch or dinner. It's right next to the Lake Worth Inlet. The water is beautiful & peanut Island is about 100 yards away. You can take a ferry over to see JFK's bunker, very cool. Weekends are busy with LOTS of boat traffic at the marina.
Waterway Cafe is on the ICW & is lots of fun too. I think Sunday is reggae night.
You will have to ask locals for driving directions to all above mentioned.
Your wife probably won't mind if you go for a quick drink at Rachael's. It's right off I-95 at the 45th St. exit. Nice place $$$
I second everything DJD has suggested, I have 2 timeshares @ Palm Beach Shores on Singer Island. It is a real nice area. Sailfish Marina is a nice place to eat and drink and watch the boats go by
Old 01-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Peanut Island is cool , especially on the weekends / summer!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Visit the Active Thunder Boat factory in Pompano Beach. It's only bout a 25 minute drive away! If you feel like getting you feet wet, catch the ferry to Peanut Island. You can walk accross the sandbars and check out all the boats on Sat. and Sun. at lowtide....not to mention all the bikinis!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Hedgehog
My wife and I will be spending an upcoming weekend in PB Gardens, FL. Anything (boating related or not) a must see/do? Good places to eat?

Thanks,

Jeff
Downtown at the Gardens is just off I95/ PGA. 9 high end restaurants/bars. PB Gardens is no Ft Lauderdale but a new strip club (Solid Gold) just opened last night 2 miles south of PGA. If you bring your boat to Sailfish make sure you have money in hand to get a dock spot, it gets real busy on the weekends. Lunch is far superior to dinner at Sailfish, the place fills up with old people at 5 pm. New restaurant at PGA/ ICW is Seasons 52 is supposedly great with a new bar across the street (Rum Bar). Both can be accessed by boat.

And no you cannot get to Pompano in 25 minutes from Palm Beach Gardens (about 50 miles). Active thunders may be great boats but they don't make the ride on I95 any faster!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Registered

YEA Rachael's nice place for a Meal
Old 01-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Registered

Everyting the above have mentioned, I work in PBG, and live in Boca(halfway to Pompano) no frikken way you getting to Active in 25 minutes, try 2 hours if its rush hour, 1 hour+ otherwise.

I would offer to meet ya for a drink, but I work 3rd. shift, go in at 11, timing would suck, and running a CNC Screw machine aint fun after drinkin'

Rick
Old 01-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Registered

Have been to WPB twice for long weekends (lwe ive on other coast) and took boat once. stayed at SF and had great time both trips. On the east side of the ICW across from Panama Hatties (PGA) is cool rum bar (forget name) . Also in a side mall by Palm Gardens Mail is a place called The Yard House, tons of exotic draft beers and good food.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mneal
Have been to WPB twice for long weekends (lwe ive on other coast) and took boat once. stayed at SF and had great time both trips. On the east side of the ICW across from Panama Hatties (PGA) is cool rum bar (forget name) . Also in a side mall by Palm Gardens Mail is a place called The Yard House, tons of exotic draft beers and good food.
yard house is cool

Quick Reply: Traveling to Palm Beach Gardens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.