Notices

Selling boats

Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Selling boats

I have my boat for sale for sometime now. I really can not believe it has not sold, especially with all that is done to it. A lot of tire kickers out there, but it seems like no real buyers are there.
Are you guys experiencing the same problem?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which boat is it??
Old 05-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by baja27
I have my boat for sale for sometime now. I really can not believe it has not sold, especially with all that is done to it. A lot of tire kickers out there, but it seems like no real buyers are there.
Are you guys experiencing the same problem?
YES!!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by Rare Breed
YES!!
if i only had the coin. yours is one of my all time favorites

Old 05-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
if i only had the coin. yours is one of my all time favorites

Three words for you Steve..........LOW MONTHLY PAYMENTS!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

mine is the 33 powerplay in the swapshop and it's priced real low!!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sellsman11
Three words for you Steve..........LOW MONTHLY PAYMENTS!
THAT-A- BOY - FRANKIE!!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

well - decide to keep your boat and th phone rings off the hook!

That's what happend to me.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Registered

OK....I'm going to go against my better judgement and give my opinion. (and that's all it is.....my opinion) The boat is a cool boat with plenty of eye appeal but the last thing you want to do when selling a boat is post a picture of it 3 feet out of the water running wide open.(just my .02) The boat is worth as much if not more without a procharger system on it. I know...I know....it hauls azz and never has problems. That is not the majority of people's experience with any supercharged engine. Also there are several boats available in the same price range. i.e. $79900 or whatever. Lower your price from 70,450 to 69,900. Now an interested person thinks of it in the 60k range instead of the 70k range and I don't think $550 would be a deal breaker...would it? Maybe some of this ramble will help.

DISCLAIMER: This post in NO WAY was intended to flame, ridicule or pizz anybody off.(especially if your bigger than me!)
Old 05-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by sellsman11
The boat is worth as much if not more without a procharger system on it. I know...I know....it hauls azz and never has problems.
That pizzes me off - LOL just kiding. Actually I agree with the procharges and any blowers for that matter. I will not buy a boat with blowers or supercharges because of the added maintenance and shorter time to refresh and replace, ie added cost to play with. I will only look at a boat that has reliable stock horsepower and will do atleast 70mph or close to it. Yah the extra horsepower is the chit, but I'm not rich. I can barely afford to put gas in my boat, so the last thing I want to do is put my boat in the shop every 20-50 hours to have the engine worked on.

I have never had a boat with a procharger or blower, but I do have a stock 502 w 390hp and I never have any problems (nock on wood). The only maintenance I have to pay for is to winterize and oil change (yes I am lazy). It is for sale and I have gotten quite a few tire kickers, but traffic has picked up significantly lately. I've got a guy coming up to take a test drive and I will be really suprised if it doesn't sale by Memorial Day weekend.

Good luck to you.

Quick Reply: Selling boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.