Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Palm Cost (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/149797-palm-cost.html)

el indio 01-22-2007 07:54 PM

Palm Cost

Any one here from Palm Cost florida or familiar with it??

bob 01-22-2007 07:55 PM

Re: Palm Cost

Somewhat familiar with Palm Coast, just north of Daytona?

bob 01-22-2007 08:09 PM

Somewhat familiar with Palm Coast, just north of Daytona?

McGary911 01-22-2007 08:13 PM

Almost bought a house there a couple of months back, but realized it's an hour from my work in Jacksonville. ICW access from lots of lagoons in the area. I95 runs right through it. What kind of info are you looking for?

el indio 01-22-2007 08:31 PM

thinking about relocating.......

bob 01-22-2007 08:37 PM

KE is located there if you happen to know Keith. Lots of development going on there.

THEJOKER 01-22-2007 08:59 PM

I've been there many times. Got a place just south of there on the beach. Great pace of living!

http://www.hammockdunes.com/

el indio 01-22-2007 09:02 PM

any good local realtors you know?

THEJOKER 01-22-2007 09:19 PM

I did a search and this company seemed to be good. I've never used them but it's a good starting point. They mention boating on the home page so they talk our language!
http://www.prudentialwarren.com/

cuda 01-22-2007 09:26 PM

It's a nice area, but quite a run to open water from there. You either have to run north to St Augustine, or south to Daytona to get in the ocean.

THEJOKER 01-22-2007 09:30 PM

Cuda:

You can run pretty hard right , not many no wake zones?

THEJOKER 01-22-2007 09:40 PM

Cuda:

Can't you get out to big water just North of Marineland? I went to Google Earth and it looks like you can.

Ron P 01-22-2007 09:48 PM

I want to move to Palm Coast. We went there over Christmas and looked at canal front homes. We met a few Realtors, I'm not a big fan of Realitors but Frank is a joy to deal with. Tell him I refered you.

Frank Colarusso
COLDWELL BANKER
386-445-5880
[email protected]

The inlet just to the north is Mantanza Inlet, I understand it's totally natural and unmarked, but fishing boats go in and out at high tide with local knowledge.

It really looks like a beutiful area. Brian, are you in Hammock Dunes? I hope your a golfer.

THEJOKER 01-22-2007 09:52 PM

I'm a Ponce Inlet guy , basically a native. It's paradise there!http://www.ponce-inlet.org/Pages/index

flash32118 01-22-2007 10:10 PM

Matanzas inlet is a dangerous place for the unknowledgable

GLH 01-22-2007 10:18 PM

Stayed there when I brought my Fountain up North on the water in May 1989...

The bar staff at the hotel was a blast...

I can't imagine this helps...

cuda 01-22-2007 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I wouldn't try Matanzas Inlet in my fishboat at high tide.:eek:

We ride over it on bikes once in a while.

Ron P 01-23-2007 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by flash32118 (Post 2001343)
Matanzas inlet is a dangerous place for the unknowledgable

That's what I hear. Sounds like you need to ride the backs of the waves as they break through the inlet. Looks wild from the bridge.

F1-00 Racing 01-23-2007 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 2001304)
Cuda:

They are constantly bringing it up to Flagler Co. to put more "No Wake" zones in. I personally wouldnt go fullout due to the narrowness of the ditch, but to each his own. I remember an article that quoted one the retired folk there that stated ""Cigarette" style boats come thru here @ 70 mph and put out a 6 foot wake". I about peed my pants it was so funny to read.

Ron as far as Matanzas is concerned I would rather try and navigate that railroad bridge when it is closed up there in Jersey b4 that inlet.

I have a lot on the ditch in the C section on a island community called "The Sanctuary" at the end of Cinnamon if anyone is interested.

I lived there full time b4 it became a "city" and still go there about twice a month, it has grown so much, but yet has maintained a quietness about it. Hardin Marine and Eickert are based out of Palm Coast, so it cant be that bad:D

Trent

boatme 01-23-2007 06:44 AM

I cant believe no one gave a typical Mark answer to this question
we all know el endio would have said somthing like

Yea it is next to the palm tree!!!!!

boatme 01-23-2007 06:44 AM

Who loves ya man :)

el indio 01-23-2007 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by boatme (Post 2001511)
I cant believe no one gave a typical Mark answer to this question
we all know el endio would have said somthing like

Yea it is next to the palm tree!!!!!

the large palm tree.......

el indio 01-23-2007 07:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by boatme (Post 2001512)
Who loves ya man :)

these two!!!!!

cuda 01-23-2007 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 2001304)
Cuda:

The ICW has a 30 mph speed limit, although I don't think it's enforced real hard north of Ormond Beach.

JERSEY DEVIL 01-23-2007 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by el indio (Post 2001189)

owned a house in flagler beach and worked at palm coat marina ffor 2 years

flash32118 01-23-2007 07:32 AM

I did a mobile marine service there due to alot of in water boats that people had no one to work on...it was a good place to work,enjoyed my time there....but then i moved on to bigger things....still have a couple of good guys with larger cabin cruisers i do work for

cuda 01-23-2007 07:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Flagler Beach is cool. This picture was taken the same day as the other one I posted. It was taken on Feb 13th. I damn near froze my d!ck off that day.:eek: I was fairly warm when I left Deland that day, all I had on was a jacket and a longsleeve T-shirt. I was fine until we hit A1A, then that cold wind off the ocean froze me. My legs were shivering so much, I had to clamp them on the gas tank to keep my feet from coming off the pegs. We stopped for lunch in St Augustine Beach, when we left, I rode right across the street to a tourist shop and bought me a cheap "I Love St Augustine Beach" sweatshirt. You can see in inside my jacket in this picture. The second picture is at a restaurant under the bridge at Flagler Beach. on the ICW. They were building a huge marina/condo project on the ICW last time we took a boat up to Palm Coast.

BIGGUN 01-23-2007 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by el indio (Post 2001189)

I just bought a house on one of the salt water canals about 5 minutes to the intercoastal. I am renovating it right now to put on the market in late spring. It has a dock and a great view. So far, it seems like Palm Coast is a really nice area to live and work.

Mike

JERSEY DEVIL 01-23-2007 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by cuda (Post 2001540)
Flagler Beach is cool. This picture was taken the same day as the other one I posted. It was taken on Feb 13th. I damn near froze my d!ck off that day.:eek: I was fairly warm when I left Deland that day, all I had on was a jacket and a longsleeve T-shirt. I was fine until we hit A1A, then that cold wind off the ocean froze me. My legs were shivering so much, I had to clamp them on the gas tank to keep my feet from coming off the pegs. We stopped for lunch in St Augustine Beach, when we left, I rode right across the street to a tourist shop and bought me a cheap "I Love St Augustine Beach" sweatshirt. You can see in inside my jacket in this picture. The second picture is at a restaurant under the bridge at Flagler Beach. on the ICW. They were building a huge marina/condo project on the ICW last time we took a boat up to Palm Coast.

bin to the bridgetender in flagler many times nice view. lived 2 blocks away on palmetto drive nice little town as is st augistine ready to go back

el indio 01-23-2007 07:44 AM

thank you for all the info.

lucy 01-23-2007 08:28 AM

How cold does it get there?? I though it was like Miami weather.

THEJOKER 01-23-2007 08:35 AM

http://www.prudentialwarren.com/cont...r.html/climate Not Miami weather!

Jupiter Sunsation 01-23-2007 08:58 AM

I have a townhouse on the beach in Ormond by the Sea which is 2 towns south of Palm Coast. PC is very nice and seems very laid back, like after 9 pm they shut the lights off and roll up the sidewalks. The ICW is a 30 zone but you can run from Daytona to St Augstine in less than an hour with very few idle/slow zones (mostly at bridges) with very little enforcement. FPC dd the Daytona PR there in 05 and we ran from Daytona to St Augustine pretty much WFO and were penalized with extra heavy enforcement in 06!

Nice PC homes on the ICW can run in the millions, several high end developments/ golf courses. George Thoroughgood is the local celebrity since he recently moved back. I have an acquaintance that lives there and spends most of his nightlife in Daytona, Ormond, and Orlando since there isn't much going on in PC. The boating is great with the exception of the inlets being 50 +/- miles apart. Everytime we run the ICW we see dolphins everywhere. Matanzas Inlet is good for flats boats under 20 feet only! I have a 15 whaler up there and it looked too sketchy for me since the current screams through the shallow channel.

el indio 01-23-2007 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by lucy (Post 2001599)
How cold does it get there?? I though it was like Miami weather.

who cares about the weather........they have a poker run......park next to the big palm tree............SYLA......

lucy 01-23-2007 11:22 AM

:drink: :p I don't want to lose my tan lines!

cuda 01-23-2007 04:01 PM

I'm about 30 miles south of Palm Coast, and it got down to freezing only one night last year. We haven't had a freeze here yet this year. Also, I'm farther inland, so it tends to get hotter, and colder here than it does closer to the ocean. Mostly just gorgeous weather. Last week I was driving around, it was a perfect 72 degrees and a few high puffy clouds, I was thinking to myself, "Why would anyone want to live anywhere else".

Best thing is, compared to south Florida, traffic is nonexistent.