Steve_H

Default Re: This sucks....ICE Damage

Lake Of The Ozarks.....in Missouri

Old 01-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Probably the same thing that happened when the Katrina and Rita boats hit the market. You couldn't really tell, and I had a surveyer tell me that a lot of those guys were fooled also.
So, if the surveyors were "fooled", does that mean that the repairs were done properly?? I'm guessing YES, they were.
If the boat was properly repaired, it shouldn't be a problem in my opinion. Unless you had a lousy surveyor.
Boats aren't cars.
I'm getting tired of the comparison of boats to cars, boatfax vs carfax.
You are dealing with two different animals.
If you repair a mobile home properly, it's still a mobile home with a certain lifespan. If you repair a house properly, it's still a house - but has a longer lifespan.
Two different animals, both built with different purposes for their lifespan.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like an easy fix for $50K
Old 01-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Registered

The boat is mine and I just listed it yesterday. This would be any easy fix for someone who knows fiberglass and gelcoat work as that was 70% of the surveyed damage. I am using this as any opportunity to try and sell to get a smaller boat (38 ft) with 2 motors for obvious reasons. If it doesn't sell in the next couple weeks I will use the ins. money and fix the boat and update everything to make it look new again and drive it. I love the way the boat rides especially at loto. Anyone interested e-mail through the ad or PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
So, if the surveyors were "fooled", does that mean that the repairs were done properly?? I'm guessing YES, they were.
If the boat was properly repaired, it shouldn't be a problem in my opinion. Unless you had a lousy surveyor.
Boats aren't cars.
If you repair a mobile home properly, it's still a mobile home with a certain lifespan. If you repair a house properly, it's still a house - but has a longer lifespan.
I agree with you on the repaired properly issue. If it is fixed, then it is fixed. Case closed.

Last edited by jeff1000man; 01-24-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

nice boat eeasy i am sure you will move it at that price. wish i was in a position to get out of my 34 and into that 43. it actually looks like a pretty easy fix, atleast through my eyes anyway. good luck
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

eeasy,

You could always use the insurance money to fix the fiberglass and while you're there you can pull the middle drive out, glass that up too and pull the 3rd motor out. Tripple problems solved!
Old 01-25-2007, 12:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eeasy
The boat is mine and I just listed it yesterday. This would be any easy fix for someone who knows fiberglass and gelcoat work as that was 70% of the surveyed damage. I am using this as any opportunity to try and sell to get a smaller boat (38 ft) with 2 motors for obvious reasons. If it doesn't sell in the next couple weeks I will use the ins. money and fix the boat and update everything to make it look new again and drive it. I love the way the boat rides especially at loto. Anyone interested e-mail through the ad or PM.
Trade me for my scarab. 38' twin motors. Fresh rebuilds. Ready to go for summer.

Posted on classifieds right under yours.

Do you have a trailer?
Old 01-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Boats aren't cars.
agree 100%
Old 01-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Registered

I have considered pulling one motor out but with only two motors it would take seriuos horsepower (750+) as well as upgaded drives. I think spending that extra $ would buy a lot of gas for the 3rd motor. I am looking for a newer (1999+) 38-40 ft with AC. I have two kids and it can get pretty hot in the cabin in July and August. Any suggestions let me know. I'm going to the OP boat show tonight to see whats new.

Quick Reply: This sucks....ICE Damage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.