What's the Speed Tomorrow? >

What's the Speed Tomorrow?

Notices

What's the Speed Tomorrow?

Old 01-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What's the Speed Tomorrow?

I think this is a great question Mike. I feel from the input from greats like Reggie Fountain, Tomlinson, and David Scott that it is coming down to pure physics, meaning how do we go faster with no more boat in the water??? This will apparently continue to be the safety issue that will arise as a result of this, but Tomlinson's run in the Cig/Skater kilo came down to no more hull. David Scott with his new turbine cat in the shootout at loto last year said it was not dialed in because it kept "taking off on him" and was a safety issue to keep it in the water. I think it is great to see people and technology continuing to push the envelope, i just hope safety stays a priority.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

"By the time the monster HP motors are introduced we will be out of fossil fuels!"

monster HP is a relative term..think back a 10 15 years...if someone told you merc was going to be making an off the shelf 1075hp motor with warrenty, you would have laughed them out of the bar... and a 1075isnt that big of a motor anymore, theres a lot of 1500+ running around.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered

I agree that hull design and power are key but lets not forget prop technology.The same hulls today can run with much less power at the same speeds as 10 years ago because of the props.Just a thought.

Wil
Old 01-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Poo
Banned

More than likely" regulation" will step in before we hit the ceiling,much the same as "regulation " put an end to the muscle car wars in '71.

I am sure the powers to be have noticed the jump into Big horse power the last few years on our local waterways. It is just a matter of time till they put a lid on it.

Even in the Boat Racing world , many more than you would think, would like to see speeds drop back a little ,or at least keep the class speeds (except PX )where they are now .And work more on parity ,such as the Kat-lite class seem's to be doing .
Old 01-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SVL4
I agree that hull design and power are key but lets not forget prop technology.The same hulls today can run with much less power at the same speeds as 10 years ago because of the props.Just a thought.

Wil
Yes! I did not even mention props...excellent point!
Old 01-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Poo
More than likely" regulation" will step in before we hit the ceiling,much the same as "regulation " put an end to the muscle car wars in '71.

I am sure the powers to be have noticed the jump into Big horse power the last few years on our local waterways. It is just a matter of time till they put a lid on it.

Even in the Boat Racing world , many more than you would think, would like to see speeds drop back a little ,or at least keep the class speeds (except PX )where they are now .And work more on parity ,such as the Kat-lite class seem's to be doing .
Poo you are so correct with your statement that speeds in the racing world are fine or could be a little slower but that parity need to be worked on.