Like Tree0Likes

Verado 300 and 325HP to debut in Miami

Reply
Old 02-18-2007, 10:08 PM
  #71
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 31
Default

Hey, I started this thread and you guys hijacked it and turned it into a big 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke argument and that's not the reason I started this thread. I started this thread for the simple purpose of stating an inarguable fact. And that fact is that VERADOS ARE SUPERIOR MOTORS TO TWO STROKES.

Tall Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:23 PM
  #72
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Man View Post
Hey, I started this thread and you guys hijacked it and turned it into a big 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke argument and that's not the reason I started this thread. I started this thread for the simple purpose of stating an inarguable fact. And that fact is that VERADOS ARE SUPERIOR MOTORS TO TWO STROKES.

EXACTLY!!!!!!
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:13 AM
  #73
Registered
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Slightly North of Cuba
My Boats: Donzi Criterion SS, X-18 , 16 OB, Z-235, F-14, Magnum Missile
Posts: 2,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Man View Post
And that fact is that VERADOS ARE SUPERIOR MOTORS TO TWO STROKES.
:
Word*....



























*If you like fatass engines and going slow
Scott B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:12 AM
  #74
RBT
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka Canada
My Boats: Donzi, Pachanga, STV... the worlds fastest production lake boat @ 151.5mph
Posts: 287
Default

Interesting post

-my sources tell me that the 350 V8 will be awhile yet.
-Bombardier HAS RUNNING ( for over a year ) a 325-350 motor, it is the same weight as there current motors, runs on 87 octane, and will have a new gearcase with optional gear ratios. They are not releasing it till there is a warehouse ready to ship them, and it has passed endurance tests.
-Both the E-tec and Optimax are FAR better on gas then the Verado
-Both the E-tec and Optimax have LOWER emissions than the Verado
-Both the E-tec and Optimax are lighter
-Verado system is ver slick, I hope the others follow suit.

My opinion, 4-strokes have been shoved down our throats. They are smoke and mirriors, like I stated above.... worse in both fuel consumption and emissions.... plus the are heavy.

I have a lot of time in about every outboard made, and right now I feel the E-Tec is the best..... which is hard for me as I bleed black and have since I was a kid. Currently I have 6 Mercs...... but will probably buy a 3?? E-Tec once it arrives.

RT
RBT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:02 PM
  #75
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
J-Bonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cleveland, OH / Pewaukee, WI
My Boats: 38 TopGun & 21 Apache Scout
Posts: 4,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT View Post
Interesting post

-my sources tell me that the 350 V8 will be awhile yet.
-Bombardier HAS RUNNING ( for over a year ) a 325-350 motor, it is the same weight as there current motors, runs on 87 octane, and will have a new gearcase with optional gear ratios. They are not releasing it till there is a warehouse ready to ship them, and it has passed endurance tests.
-Both the E-tec and Optimax are FAR better on gas then the Verado
-Both the E-tec and Optimax have LOWER emissions than the Verado
-Both the E-tec and Optimax are lighter
-Verado system is ver slick, I hope the others follow suit.

My opinion, 4-strokes have been shoved down our throats. They are smoke and mirriors, like I stated above.... worse in both fuel consumption and emissions.... plus the are heavy.

I have a lot of time in about every outboard made, and right now I feel the E-Tec is the best..... which is hard for me as I bleed black and have since I was a kid. Currently I have 6 Mercs...... but will probably buy a 3?? E-Tec once it arrives.

RT
One word.....................
























Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Bonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:15 PM
  #76
Registered
 
Rocco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mays Landing NJ
My Boats: 2000 25' Concept w/ 250 Mercury
Posts: 283
Default

*If you like fatass engines and going slow
__________________
Scott B

LOL
Be careful somebody will have a stroke on this board.
Rocco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:19 PM
  #77
Registered
 
Rocco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mays Landing NJ
My Boats: 2000 25' Concept w/ 250 Mercury
Posts: 283
Default

RBT,

Over on Screamandfly there has been alot talk about this 300+ hp motor. When is the projected release ?? Something this big might have to wait until next years Miami show.

Last edited by Rocco; 02-19-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Rocco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:32 PM
  #78
RBT
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka Canada
My Boats: Donzi, Pachanga, STV... the worlds fastest production lake boat @ 151.5mph
Posts: 287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
RBT,

Over on Screamandfly there has been alot talk about this 300+ hp motor. When is the projected release ?? Something this big might have to wait until next years Maimi show.
Good question....... I couldn't get a straight answer on either the date or the HP rating, all I know is over 325..... or in other words more than anyone else. Consider that Merc doesn't really even have a 300 Verado yet and Yamaha droped the 350 bomb on them it could get interesting.

RT
RBT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:39 PM
  #79
Registered
 
Rocco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mays Landing NJ
My Boats: 2000 25' Concept w/ 250 Mercury
Posts: 283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmark View Post
I guess this is how the saying "different strokes for different folks" came about?
Thank You!!!!
Rocco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:54 PM
  #80
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 31
Default

haha, very funny, ha ha...

It does seem though to me that for their first attempt at a boosted outboard, merc did a damn good job. It could have been a fricken disaster and it wasn't. It was a success and although it didn't win over everyone, I do believe that as the engine evolves and improves over time it will continually win more fans. The 325Hp racing version will be interesting to see, as will any 300+ etec that comes out.

I'd like to see the verado eventually get to 375hp or 400hp reliably.
Tall Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
DeepV
General Boating Discussion
102
06-24-2011 02:16 PM
activatorf1
Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
7
09-08-2008 02:08 AM
boating37
General Boating Discussion
4
01-17-2008 09:32 PM
u972442
General Q & A
8
07-24-2007 12:22 AM
fantastixvoyage
General Boating Discussion
3
02-22-2005 04:38 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.