Montclair CA - what's it like?? >

Montclair CA - what's it like??

Notices

Montclair CA - what's it like??

Old 01-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Montclair CA - what's it like??

I was in Montclair early this week for the first time.
I kind of liked the area.
Anybody from around there?? How is the cost of living?
I wound up down the street from Concept marine on different business, but it was nice to meet John, and there was a sweet Eliminator sitting out front. He had a pretty cool V-drive in the shop too, nice guy, and spent a few minutes with me.
I could make a few things happen there under my current employer - just want to know what I would be getting into - before I ask for it.
As always - be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Montclair CA - what's it like??

montclair is nice and you would have to put up with boating at havasu>real estate is not cheap but its all relative
Old 01-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Montclair is a nice area of the San Gabriel Valley. It's still growing but real estate in any part of LA that isn't 100 miles away is out of sight.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:35 AM
Registered

I'll third the real estate prices as a southern Cali shopper. Montclair is nice, spent 3 days at their Costco location a couple of months ago. Was talking with a certain potential customer who I thought was in Montclair, turns out they are in Monrovia. They are thinking about offering me a low rent warehouse in Fontana, if I do a private label for them. So have looked around at housing a bit.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered

It can get hot and smoggy in t he summer, but a nice area. It has it's not so nice areas as well. Claremont is nice as well as La Verne. All in the same vicinity.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered

Reed, Montclair is not in the San Gabrial valley, it is in the Inland Empire, (San Bernardino County, or the dreaded 909). The area surrounding Montclair such as Claremont, Upland and even Rancho Cucamonga are nice bedroom communities...
Old 01-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Quality Time
It can get hot and smoggy in t he summer, but a nice area. It has it's not so nice areas as well. Claremont is nice as well as La Verne. All in the same vicinity.
Don't be shy, POMONA is there too.

Smile the next episode of "COPS" is filming
Old 01-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Registered

I have not lived out there. Im close to the beach, but I have been out there a lot for taking my boat in for service and such (GT Performance is there) and it seems like a nice area. I have eatin lunch out there a couple of times and the restraunts are always clean. I know it gets hot in summer and cold in the winter. I should say hotter then where I am and colder then where I am. It is 38 miles from my house. Nice area though, some nice little airports out there to if you like to fly.

Andy
Old 01-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
Don't be shy, POMONA is there too.

Smile the next episode of "COPS" is filming
Whats wrong with Pomona? Drove all around there and sadly did'nt find anything "COPS" worthy! God knows I tried!!!

Pet peeve of mine is back-seat driver's; worse yet when they are total morons. I hired a shareholder's daughter and her boyfriend, both from Seattle and neither had been to California. We had a trade show inside one of our distributors warehouses. Hotel in Fullerton, East Chapman and the 57, the distributor is not far in Brea on South Puente. The boyfriend was into back seat driving, zero sense of direction, did'nt know how to read a map. This punk was also arogant even yelling at me to turn around because we where headed the wrong way! "your supposed to be going south turn around its the other way!" yelled the idiot. Funny considering the S on my Excursion compass confirmed me right. Every time this punk moron gave me directions and insisted he was right was responded with drives around Pomona when we where supposed to be in Brea! Doing this latter on the trip in Inglewood was much more interesting!!!!

Last edited by Zudnic; 01-26-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:54 AM
Registered

Re: Montclair CA - what's it like??

Just wait till you get carjacked by some punk thug... I spent 8 yrs in Huntington Beach, I prefer the beach!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.