CHALLENGER AEROTECH/ LEVEL 10 >

CHALLENGER AEROTECH/ LEVEL 10

Notices

CHALLENGER AEROTECH/ LEVEL 10

Old 01-06-2002, 09:10 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I still work there. I'm an old Prince guy though. I try to maintain my Prince Values. Which sometime run contrary to the JCI way of doing things. Recently my job in purchasing was eliminated, I took their offer of working out on the production floor rather than un-enjoyment. Pays the bills. Sort of.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:59 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well here I go with my .02...the mold for the 28 challenger is in northern michigan, Kellava I think the original superv's are the ones to buy the ones built in Cedar Springs they are the ones without a liner...SuperV added a stringer in the bilge becouse of some cracking in the gell in the bottom and now its rock solid!!His boat was originally owned by John Read and his dad had one too they both ran auwsome!as far as having one made I dont think it could be done for the price you can buy Rons for her is related to the guys who originally made them and had a lot of help from them.The last I heard it was still for sale like 49,000.That boat ran 70mph with 330's SuperV's runs 77-79mph wiyh around 480hp. The boat that Motion Marine races is one of the later hulls the put on Imco shorty drives to get the speeds they are running over 85mph.....so they say....
Old 01-07-2002, 12:03 PM
Registered

If Ron's boat is the one that was at Great Lakes in rack storage next to Super V's, it was sold late last summer. Dyno, you busy Tuesday evening?
Old 01-07-2002, 01:17 PM
Registered

Dyno, so what you are saying that there is 2 companys that are making the 28 Super V? One is Level 10 and the other one is Kellava?

There is a Level 10 for sale here
Old 01-07-2002, 02:28 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Redstripe the boats that are built under the name Level 10 were layed up in Keleva!! Ron and his buddy just put them together.....
Old 01-07-2002, 02:38 PM
Registered

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up Dyno
Old 01-07-2002, 05:01 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

And the stepped hull boats are NOT the same company as the non-stepped ones. The stepped ones are single engine. Non-step are twin BBC.

Motion Marine's boat has 454 mags (the 385 hp version), modified ECU's, IMCO exhaust, and IMCO shorties. Propped the way they are, they run 79.8 on radar. If they break 80 mph, they have to jump up a class, and they don't want to do that. I've talked to Dave at length about his racing career. Been in that boat at his shop many times. Rock solid.

Ron Lemaire tried hard to sell me his Level Ten. Didn't have the stringer mod though.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When did they figure out a stringer mod was needed? Is Ron L the owner of the boat Redstripe linked in his reply? If so, it would seem they would have known about a problem by 1998. Waterfoul, did you get my email last night?
Old 01-07-2002, 06:31 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Got your email. Haven't checked out the link yet.

O.K. I checked the link. As far as I know, Ron only laid up 2 boats. That is the "other" boat. Not his. He sold his for 45,000 late this summer. His sun pad was blue, yellow, and black. Same pattern though. They are a really good boat.

As for the stringer thing, it wasn't really figured out until rather recently. And you have to take the motors out to do it. I guess if you don't see any of the issues, why fix it?? Don't really know a good answer to why Ron's boats don't have the mod straight from the molds. I do know, those two boats were laid up in 1997 and not finished, rigged, and titled until 1998. So there is a year in there for "things" to have been discovered.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Waterfoul ]
Old 01-07-2002, 10:54 PM
Registered

So the only one that we know that has been fixed is Super V's? Do they even know of the problem at Level 10? The guy that makes em didn't update his own boat?

Quick Reply: CHALLENGER AEROTECH/ LEVEL 10

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.