When is it to early for 08 models

Notices

When is it to early for 08 models

Old 01-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts
Default Re: When is it to early for 08 models

Originally Posted by hideaway
In order to correct a mis-informed post about our 2006 42 with 850's here are the details. The boat was delivered to us October last year not 2 YEARS ago. As some will rememeber it was in the Ft. Lauderdale show and the Mercury dock demo display during Miami. It has been in some poker runs but not near the 12 or more as someone stated. As a new Outerlimits dealer we chose to run a demo boat to get our name and the product out. Since then the boat has been gone through by the factory and cleaned up top to bottom.

It is for sale at a discounted price and the new owners will have trouble free boating along with support from Hideaway and the factory at poker runs if they choose to attend. To some a discounted price on an Outerlimits is still hard to believe and I'm sure that holds true for MTI, Cigarette, and other limited production boats.

The boat has been advertised here since Sept 2005:
Page Views: 3821
Date Added: 09/22/2005
Last Updated: 11/16/2006
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/page-7214.html

Here it is Key West 05, so that would not be a delivery of last year (2006)
http://www.flpowerboat.com/new/photo...D05-14-042.cfm
Old 01-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott you are correct and we will change the post. Keep forgetting it is 07 already. Shorting out the years it is like this. Oct of 2005 to Oct 2006 12 months add Nov and Dec makes it 14. Jan of 2007 make it 15 months total.

Again the boat is a 2006 and will be discounted. The buyer will have a great time in it and have full support. We also have nothing to hide on this boat and anyone who calls us knows it is our demo boat and the events we have been to. Thanks for pointing out our mistake. Don't forget the boat was posted in the classified section in Sept with a line drawing of the paint and the boat was in the finishing stages not on the water. Either way you cut it this is a great boat for someone and they will get a deal on it.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Unfortunately even if that boat was 5 years old I don't have the coin to buy it/ insure it/ maintain it!

You guys have great inventory and a great dealership, still can't wait to see your F4. If it is anything like the SS you just sold it will be the best F4 yet!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly stick to the Sunsations! LOL
Old 01-31-2007, 03:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jupiter,

Without getting too far off the 2008 topic you are right about them being a nice dealership. I saw the 32 they just delivered and it is a sweet boat. I talked to them about the F-4 they are building and it will be something else too. I guess the builders decide how many of what model they can build in one year then it changes after that number. March might be a stretch for a 2008 though.
I went to the Hawk's Cay run this past weekend with some some friends. They had two guys there taking care of their customers boats regardless of what brand it was and if it was new or used when they sold it. Every morning their boats were uncovered and wiped down then covered up that night. They even had a transport truck on standby there that went down to Key West Sat night and picked up a 39 Nor-tech and a 38 Cig that got stuck down there when the water got bad.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sellsman11
OUCH!

The new paint plans are MUCH more earthly. The public just is not ready for the Planet Krypton look. Can't knock a guy for being ahead of his times.
Very TRUE! They have no idea do they?!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by hideaway
In order to correct a mis-informed post about our 2006 42 with 850's here are the details. The boat was delivered to us October 2005 year not 2 YEARS ago. As some will rememeber it was in the Ft. Lauderdale show and the Mercury dock demo display during Miami. It has been in some poker runs but not near the 12 or more as someone stated. As a new Outerlimits dealer we chose to run a demo boat to get our name and the product out. Since then the boat has been gone through by the factory and cleaned up top to bottom.

It is for sale at a discounted price and the new owners will have trouble free boating along with support from Hideaway and the factory at poker runs if they choose to attend. To some a discounted price on an Outerlimits is still hard to believe and I'm sure that holds true for MTI, Cigarette, and other limited production boats.
We've dealt with Hideaway a few times and have no complaints. If they tell you they're going to sell the boat at a discounted price then they will. I've also seen the boat recently.....it's sweet.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the "good old days" the new model year was introduced at the annual dealer meetings. This was typically between August and Sept. You could also see the debut at the now defunt IMTEC show in Chicago. That was a strictly industry trade show in Sept.
Of course to get an edge some manufacturers started pushing up the new model year boats earlier and earlier.
There are no real rules. At one point there was going to be a discussion to make a decision to regulate the model year release but that hasn't happened.
So for now right or wrong it's basically a matter of discretion by the manufacturer.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Registered

I have a friend who works for an ATV company (not saying who because last time I mentioned a name it caused major drama) and he said they can release an 08 as early as April (or it may have been Feb). The DMV has a restriction on how early you can go. It is all a marketing game.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm ready to buy my 2009 model right away so that I can sell it next year at a slightly reduced price over the new 2010 models!

LOL...... The "new model year" is becoming a joke, isn't it.

Quick Reply: When is it to early for 08 models

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.