Notices

Boating in St. Pete

Old 02-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boating in St. Pete

Fever Mike- Sorry to hear of your troubles. Give me a call and I'll make arrangements to get your dues back. To everyone else: Yes the OPBA has been a little disorganized the last couple months. Lee and I ( along with a lot of others) are working hard to strighten everything out. We will be holding our 3 big Poker Runs and a lot of other events this year so bear with us and use this cold spell to get the boats ready for some excitement.

Thanks,

Todd Samuels
OPBA Membership Director
727-647-8722
Old 02-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Banned

Good luck Todd, it was a great club when we lived over there.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Registered

I will keep watching. I hope to do some runs this year.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Registered

Thanks Cuda. And it still is a great club. I've got a lot out of it over the last five years, now I'm putting something back in. Our runs are a blast , our parties are legendary and our members great people. Unfortunately organizing all of it is a lot of work and we burned some people out and left a few loose ends. We have new blood taking the helm and Lee is up to the challenge. anyone in the Tampa Bay area that does no know about us is welcome to give me a call to find out more.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered

Gator-We'd love to have you come down.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Hi Cuda, I would attend a meeting if I new when there was a meeting. I get zero corospondance from OPBA...zero nada nothing! I am pretty pizzed off right now because I paid money to join and got nothing out of it.

Can anyone from OPBA help resolve this?
Mike,
I'll give you a PM or an e-mail for the next meeting. Most meets are the last Thurs. of the month. We are also hoping to move the meeting place to more of central location to the surrounding areas,thus making it easier for people to attend.
I'm glad to see Todd on board, he's motivated to get OPBA back on top. As Cuda said ...some folks are kinda burned out. I look at the membership fee as an dinner out with the wife, $100 ain't too bad even if it's just for 1 Poker Run. OPBA still has some of the cheapest Poker Runs & it includes a kickass 5 star X-mas party.
See ya on the water
John
Old 02-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mneal
I don't think my 47 MPH bow rider/wake board boat would be fit the OPBA criteria. :-)

Heck even the "slow" groups on the fun runs are 50. WAO in my 20 ft. boat to follow the tail of the fun run is not that appealing.
Hey don't let that stop ya. There are some big cruisers that run with us. There are several boats that run a little under the 50mph cruise. There's always a group that runs for the fun of it. Try a fun run sometime, the Pub Run comes to mind. Run from Tierre Verde on the outside to Johns Pass & up the ICW to The Pub or just meet everyone up therte for lunch. Coastguard has in the past been kind enough to do the free safety inspection, get your yearly decal while having lunch.
PS : We run a CC & the vareity of boats has changed.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Johno
Mike,
I'll give you a PM or an e-mail for the next meeting. Most meets are the last Thurs. of the month. We are also hoping to move the meeting place to more of central location to the surrounding areas,thus making it easier for people to attend.
I'm glad to see Todd on board, he's motivated to get OPBA back on top. As Cuda said ...some folks are kinda burned out. I look at the membership fee as an dinner out with the wife, $100 ain't too bad even if it's just for 1 Poker Run. OPBA still has some of the cheapest Poker Runs & it includes a kickass 5 star X-mas party.
See ya on the water
John
Christmas Party? WOW never even new about that either! I know it's only a $100 but after a while of giving people a $100 here and there in the marine industry you get sick and tired of being taken advantage of. It's more the principal to me...I paid my money which I work extremly hard for being a comissioned salesman and want to get something out of it for a change.

Last edited by FeverMike; 02-05-2007 at 08:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I just got a call from Lee the new President of OPBA and he is going to help me out and get my situation solved. Lee is dealing with a mess right now and he wants to do the right thing and grow the club. It's nice Lee took the time to call me and straighten things out. All I need to do is fill out the new form and send him a copy of my cx'd check.
If anyone is having problems with signing up with OPBA here is Lee's number 727-215-7193
Old 02-05-2007, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Johno
We are also hoping to move the meeting place to more of central location to the surrounding areas,thus making it easier for people to attend.
John - moving the meetings to a more central location is a GREAT idea - its truly the only thing that has kep me from being active with OPBA - while I love The Pub, Gators, etc., its just too far of a drive from my house to make a Thursday evening meeting and then back home at a reasonable hour. In the interim, Rattlefish would be a good spot or Bahama Breeze, Crabby Bills, etc. Another though would be to have a Saturday morning meeting at a restaurant/bar on the water and then head off to Eggmont, etc. afterwards. Just a few thoughts. Looking forward to a great 2007 for the OPBA.

Quick Reply: Boating in St. Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.